Windshield sun shade, rubber floor and cargo mat recommendations? 2021 CX-5

First, I measured the windshield and none of the Walmart or auto parts places carry anything that is close. Second, I'm trying to avoid some overpriced crap that is not much better.

As far as the floor and cargo mats, I've read good things about Weathertech and Husky.

Oh, I would also like to get a decent cargo net as well.

Lots of this stuff under the cx5 accessories forum.

I saw a sunshade on tv that unfolds like an umbrella. I wonder how that works.

The search function is great for the new guy.

Weathertech mats are expensive. And worth it.

For the sunshade, get the OEM one. PN 0000-8M-R02A
The worst part of expensive WeatherTech floor liners for CX-5 is it covers only part of the foot rest on driver side. And there’s nothing designed to prevent water and dirt getting into the base area of the gas pedal.

The best floor liners is the Mazda OEM Canadian Premium floor liners.

2019 Floor Mats?

The worst part of expensive WeatherTech floor liners for CX-5 is it covers only part of the foot rest on driver side. And there’s nothing designed to prevent water and dirt getting into the base area of the gas pedal.

The best floor liners is the Mazda OEM Canadian Premium floor liners.

2019 Floor Mats?
OH YEAH! I completely forgot those existed! Those definitely are cool. If I didn't already have the Weathertechs, I'd be all over them.

I got the Maxpider floor liners. They cover the entire dead pedal and in my opinion, look better than the Weather Techs. For the sunshade, I bought Covercraft.

I’ll make an alternative suggestion— buy a pair of 27” generic sun shades from eBay and call it a day. $11 shipped vs $60 shipped for the one above (shipping to Maryland). All it needs to do is deflect some rays.

…plus I’m pretty sure the rigidity (quality) of the oem one won’t work with my RD mirror mount, so that’s really why I didn’t bother.

Don’t cheap out on the mats. The Canadian all weather Mazda mats have been worth every penny ($250?). Scarboro Mazda (Ontario) online store.

I like nice stuff, and usually splurge. The Maxpider look nicest but I don't like all the teeny ridges, I went with the Husky - absolutely perfect, and I used to be a Weathertech guy. But for the cargo liner I saved about $100 and got the generic Amazon cut to fit. If you cut it about 1 inch bigger you can even turn up the sides on the edges

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

PXL_20210801_013724168 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Don’t cheap out on the mats. The Canadian all weather Mazda mats have been worth every penny ($250?). Scarboro Mazda (Ontario) online store.
+1, another vote for the OEM Canadian all weather mats.
I have the OEM Mazda cargo mat and have been satisfied with it.

+1, another vote for the OEM Canadian all weather mats.
I have the OEM Mazda cargo mat and have been satisfied with it.
So what’s the difference between Canadian Mazda OEM all-weather mats, part no. 0000-8B-R12A, and US Mazda OEM all-weather mats, part no. 0000-8B-R12A?

So what’s the difference between Canadian Mazda OEM all-weather mats, part no. 0000-8B-R12A, and US Mazda OEM all-weather mats, part no. 0000-8B-R12A?
Oops, I have the OEM Canadian Premium Floor Liners, not the OEM all weather mats. The floor liners aren't offered in the US. I got them from Scarboro Mazda in Canada.

I believe the OEM all weather mats are the same US & Canada.

just got this sunshade. was 27.99, but apparently went up $1 since I ordered it a week ago! will post again after I've played with it. Amazon said it wouldn't fit my vehicle...we'll see.

just got this sunshade. was 27.99, but apparently went up $1 since I ordered it a week ago! will post again after I've played with it. Amazon said it wouldn't fit my vehicle...we'll see.
I always like this type of the sun shade with compact size for storage although the price is much higher than it used to be. Please report back your experience of using it, especially the fitness at the windshield sensor cover area.

Back