Will be leaving the darkside soon...

ddogg777

:
2002 Yellow P5
Well fellas, I have finally made up my mind. After fighting myself for over a year I have decided to go with makes sense. The older members may have noticed that I'm not on much anymore, though every now and then I'd stop in just to see what's new. A lot has changed in the last year--marriage, graduate school, baby on the way--and I need to get rid of my car to pay off some bills. In case you were wondering, I am now driving a 1995 Geo (seems like most people trade up...oh well).

I will be parting out most of my aftermarket stuff and then selling the car. The thing is, the car will still have a built engine, welded lsd, lightweight flywheel, $600 clutch (custom design by SPEC), and Tokico springs/struts so I am hoping that someone around here will take advantage of what the car has to offer. The car has 30,000+ miles with the conversion at about 26,000. The new clutch has about 1000 miles due to the previous aftermarket clutch not holding the torque. For those who don't know my car, it's best 1/4 mile was 12.0s with a conservative tune on the AEM. Just go to google videos and search for the "Thumper P5".

Please don't PM now about parts, I'll have the pics and posts up in due time. I just want to give you all the heads up and thanks for all the help that this forum has provided.

do what you gotta do man, you'll miss it, but be much happier in the long run. Just think of the nice car you can buy once all your s*** is paid off. Thinking long term is tough(for me at least) but it's deff worth it.

hate to see such a beast leave the community, but at least you know your priorities. plus your gonna have a kid, which will be enough to keep you busy for quite sometime ;) good luck and the best to you!

Thanks guys. I'll return to the darkside in 6 years, assuming we still have gasoline under $4/Gallon.

If anyone knows anyone that is looking for a protege to turbocharge, let him/her know. I don't plan on getting anything for having a built engine/tranny/suspension in the car, I just hope I can get get private party blue book (around $9k).

Wish I were in Arizona, I'd trade you or something. Good luck in your endeavors.

yeah when the time comes right for you to sell it and everything.. given its in a couple weeks or a month or 2... I would be interested in purchasing the car from you and everything. Ive been in the market to get a 5 speed P5.. as my other one is a auto and very sluggish... and with all that included.. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me... so yeah... pm me or get ahold of me whenever your selling it... later dude.

wow, well you did what you needed to have a badass car. mission acomplished. goodluck. see you in 6 years..i'm sure the gtr will be cheap for you then, lol

Hey Bill, I signed up but I see I need 20 posts before I can list a for sell item. I have a lot of stuff from my spare engine that are just collecting dust: AC compressor, power steering compressor, starter motor, alternator, stock manifold, 626 manifold, nuts/bolts, rims/tires. All this heavy stuff should go local so please be my ears!!

Email or PM me all the info in the same for sale format used on this forum and I'll post it there for ya.

Damn I just bought a welded MSP diff or I'd have the money to get that 626 manifold from ya.

rednecks@cableone.net

how bittersweet is this :(

congrats on the child, and sorry to see you sell it but your doin what u have to do and thats what has to be done.

good luck with everything. I am also a former 95 geo metro sedan owner, white. so feel free to PM me when times are tough ;)

Sad Sad day, Just when you get it running better... I have regrets too, Sometimes i wish i had kept it, dealt with the issues, and got it running. But ultimately you have to move on eventually.

PS I am now driving a POS civic, downgrade for me too at the moment...

Back