will a canadian speedo work in us car?

haaswyk

:
02 P5
im going to be moving to europe soon and i think it would make life easyer if my car read KMH ... does anyone know if this is a simple swap? ... and does anyone have one for sale?

The dash assembly should be a plug and go ,you may have to change speedo gears in the tranny . If that is to much work you could get a set of overlays made that show Kph ,however your trip meter would still be in miles doing it that way

macklum said:
The dash assembly should be a plug and go ,you may have to change speedo gears in the tranny . If that is to much work you could get a set of overlays made that show Kph ,however your trip meter would still be in miles doing it that way
hmm thats not a bad idea ....

permanantly moving to europe and taking the car?!?!? big life change :) good luck to you

Captain KRM P5 said:
permanantly moving to europe and taking the car?!?!? big life change :) good luck to you

nah just for 4 years ... my wife is army and she got stationed in germany

haaswyk said:
nah just for 4 years ... my wife is army and she got stationed in germany
If you are going for 4 years sell the protege and take European delievery of an European car at a much reduced price ,then when you return to the states the military will ship it back to you

macklum said:
If you are going for 4 years sell the protege and take European delievery of an European car at a much reduced price ,then when you return to the states the military will ship it back to you

i cant afford to sell it .... i bought it little less then a year ago and i dont think i would get near what i need to pay it off ....

macklum said:
It was just a thought

:) trust me that was my first idea ... i wanted to sell my pro and buy a Jspec pro5

i love my car ...

on a totaly side note .... this smiley is a bit over the top ehh ---> (bj)

i just got 10.5k for mine on a trade in.. you could get much more than that in a private sale

Back