WIll 16" "3" wheels fit on the 5?

daan

:
06 "5"
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-for-Mazda/16-Fits-Mazda-M3-3-6-p8574791.html
these wheels specifically. I already have 16" steelies for winter that fit just fine, but I've seen same-diameter alloy wheels not fit over the brake rotors compared to steel ones. Oh yeah I also have 4 bent, curb-rashed heavy-a** 17" stockers with bald tires so I have to get new wheels already. I noticed how much more $ 17s are than 16s, and I'm fairly broke, hence the downsize. THere's a salvage yard near me with "several" Mazda 3's in it, so I have access to the wheels, I just don't wanna drag them home and find out they won't fit over the (stock) rotors on my 5. I also looked thru the big wheel fitment thread but didn't see these wheels listed (probably because nobody but me wants SMALLER than stock wheels, jeez, kids these days and their steam-roller wheels... Anyway thanks.

FWIW, I would search those same salvage yards for the proper 17 inch wheels. I am 36, so it isn't just the kids puttin 18's or bigger on the 5 (evil). Hell, find any wheel with the 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern and throw them on there. Ford, Toyota, Acura, etc....... all use the same bolt pattern. (drive2)

They should clear your calipers with no problems, I'm not 100% sure but gonna say that the caliper size between the 3 and 5 are pretty close if not the same? As for just bolting up any wheel with the proper bolt pattern? If only it was so easy...you need to account for hubbore and offset as well. If the hubbore is larger, no problem, just get some hubcentric rings. If it's smaller then you need to get the hub machined out. Which I know for a fact you will run into with Acura wheels.

True, was thinking about aftermarket wheels which usually have a large enough hub bore. As far as offset, any wheel from a +42 to + 52 should fit. The Diamo's I had were a +42 offset and the Motegi's on it now are a +45. Ford and Mazda share alot of parts, so Ford wheels should have no issues. I think the acura has a 64mm bore whereas the mazda is a 67, so scratch those. . 17's shouldn't be that much more than 16's, maybe $10 a wheel or so.

I think it's fairly safe to assume 90% of all Mazda wheels will 'fit' the Mazda5. 16" is the smallest rim that will clear the calipers.

I purchased a set of used 16" Protege for $80 with bald tires off craigslist, then got my own studless snows.
Same deal for my 18" RX8 rims, for $300 but no tires, then got my own all seasons.

Craigslist should source you many wheel options for around $100. If no luck, then try crazedlist, it allows you to search craigslists all around the country!

m.

Back