Why does my turbo only push boost after 4000 rpm's

dancore1991

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
alright heres the question-
Why does my turbo only push boost after 4000 rpms?
and when it does, it only get MAX of 5psi.

any ideas? is it tuned weird? is my turbo not working correctly?

i know these cars stock came with only like 6-7psi but i dont feel like i should have to push my car to 4000 rpms to push any boost at all

If the turbo isn't boosting until 4000 rpms and if its not boosting past 5 psi, then that means not enough pressure is being built up on the exhaust side or some of the air on the intake side is escaping somewhere. I'd start by checking for leaks both at the intake and exhaust side, starting at the turbo and working your way back. If you can't find any leaks then check to see if the bearings are ok (I doubt this is the case but if you have no other options, check it.)

got another question... sorry if its noob

is my blow off valve placed in the correct spot?
I have a different bov than all of the other protege bov's ive seen, so i cant find one that has my same setup, so im not sure if its actually in the right spot. I bought this car a year ago and i havent replaced or changed anything so i dont know what the "stock" bpv looked like so i dont know how the last owner relocated everything.

basically, i just need someone to look at my engine, and tell me if where my bov is placed is correct or not. here is the photo

attachment.php

I really can't tell from that pic. Is the pipe the BOV is attached to connected to the TB. If yes then yeah its in the correct spot. Otherwise no.

He is venting to atmosphere, I'm surprised he's not having stalling issues since the maf is not relocated.

yes check engine light. ill try to upload some more pictures. so where is my maf supposed to be relocated to? i have the full injen CAI and i thought that placement was relocated

heres some better pics (hopefully)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back