whois running Unichip /w J&S safeguard?

I'm going to as well as another forum member. The only difference is that he'll be using the FTC AFC while I'll just be using the v2.

I ran trouble free 13psi and 250whp for the past few years. I don't have my tps wire hooked up and am using all the features.

I have nearly $6k in my motor now and appreciate it even more!!!!!

someone needs to try this and post about their results!

yeah the Haltech F10 with the JandS works perfectly we know that. But the smaller guys want some added safety with the AFC.

I ran trouble free 13psi and 250whp for the past few years. I don't have my tps wire hooked up and am using all the features.

I have nearly $6k in my motor now and appreciate it even more!!!!!

Jeff,
The cost of the J&S is not a big deal and I can get one this Friday latest if I like. The J&S is the toy of most ppls dreams on this forum but with the AFC it's not proven to work. I've only read that one person (Knox Joe) has attempted this and has failed. As per Joe - Basically on partial throttle the car would go into open loop and run lean, " I think the problem is the fuel map loops changing over right at the 0 psi mark." Knox Joe.

In regards to the unichip I know someone local and can tune + it can control timing. The downfall is that I can't tune it myself like the AFC. Now an AFC + J&S combo would be ******* sweet but it's not proven technology. Like you us computer guys enjoy proven technology :

ive hooked up the v1 afc to a guy named pauls mazdaspeed before i even had my own afc v1. he lives in mississauga, i also sold him my forge bov and a few other things. he has tails and a cf hood if you ever see him around gta. It worked fine with the J and S. He already had the J and S installed when i put on the afc and we had no conflicts. Ran great so i am assuming he had it hooked up as mentioned without the tps. either way, its a great combo.

Who do you know that can remap unichip ecus in the gta or are you just thinking US road trip?

The TPS pin was an output that could be used to yank the TPS signal to 5v at 0 psi, in an attempt to force the ECU out of closed loop. This could have been the cause of JK's issue. Don't use it if it causes conflicts. Duh.

Kind of a stupid thing to say when I called you guys relentlessly and never got any help via phone or e-mail. So who are you, duh'ing? You never answered the phones or my emails describing my problem. Kind of hard to figure what's wrong when the manufacturer is unavailable don't ya think?

Also, how is a basic do-it-yourself garage installer going to know any of this. I don't know a thing about how the electronics control the car.

I hooked it up per your instructions, and it didn't work. Not once did you get back to me to let me know not to hook up those wires.

After I spent over $700 with you guys that is not a very smart thing to say at all.

Duh!(bird)

Last edited:
man Joe i was reading about your troubles, and how you were trying everything to get it to work and spent alot of money trying it, and then after you get rid of your set up he says OH and if you leave out this one wire it will work. i would be pissed cause you were going to part out your car and everything.

Not cool! :(

Jeff,
By any chance can you get in contact with this guy?
Also the Unichip can be tuned from two vendors in GTA that I know of. One being Magnus but I wouldn't go there because his time is expensive. Another one (don't remember his name) is also in the GTA. A bunch of guys from toprotege use him and say hes really good.

ive hooked up the v1 afc to a guy named pauls mazdaspeed before i even had my own afc v1. he lives in mississauga, i also sold him my forge bov and a few other things. he has tails and a cf hood if you ever see him around gta. It worked fine with the J and S. He already had the J and S installed when i put on the afc and we had no conflicts. Ran great so i am assuming he had it hooked up as mentioned without the tps. either way, its a great combo.

Who do you know that can remap unichip ecus in the gta or are you just thinking US road trip?

man Joe i was reading about your troubles, and how you were trying everything to get it to work and spent alot of money trying it, and then after you get rid of your set up he says OH and if you leave out this one wire it will work. i would be pissed cause you were going to part out your car and everything.

Not cool! :(

Yeah, I'm a little upset I sold it now, because I would love to run the unit. If I could have gotten some help I probably wouldn't have taken the J&S or AFC off at all.

So I'll just wait till my next bonus, buy the new unit, and run it with the Unichip. Between it, a good tune, and methanol, I'm hoping I can make the stock rods last.

I'll be building a forged engine in the meantime, because there's not much else as far as bolt ons go that I can buy for the car,. Then I'll swap the new motor once the stocker goes.

That sounds like a "Juan from Hiboost situation" right there! I'm glad I got all my stuff when I did so I got my answers when I needed them.

Joe:

I've had a couple crashes since you got your unit so I can't search my emails to see what happened. I am sorry that you didn't get the help you needed, either from me or your dealer.

For those that haven't seen it, here's the installation diagram:

Attachments

• MP3 sheet 1 (DR).pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 139
Joe:

I've had a couple crashes since you got your unit so I can't search my emails to see what happened. I am sorry that you didn't get the help you needed, either from me or your dealer.

For those that haven't seen it, here's the installation diagram:

No biggie, I'm over it, you live and learn.

But I kind of take offense to the duh comment, which could only be directed towards me, because I tried to find out what was wrong.

NSN tried to contact you at that time too. But like I said I'm over it, it's no big deal, I still plan on buying another unit from you here soon, so no hard feelings. You guys still do have one of the best pieces of electronics out there so (bowdown).

Last edited:
383561_129_full.jpg

heres a pic from my old shop in brampton to give you an idea of the tails he has on the car. im not sure if he is a member of toprotege.com or not, i havent talked to him in a few years but my brother says he sees him regularly at a few bars in oakville, mainly the niblick and philthy mcnasties. he also drives a newer X-type jag. his name is paul. if you ever see a msp with those lights just tell him you know me i guess lol he will remember. if u have good software maybe you can zoom in on the plate in the pic i posted and get his plate number to track him down. only pic ive got sorry

so from what im reading here, ss afc + j&s will work if u avoid hooking up the tps wire on the j&s?

interesting...i may need to look into this more...im pinging like crazy when i hit full boost so this would give me a good piece of mind

im actually getting colder plugs later this week so we'll see if that will help a bit...

Okay, it seems we have problems running the J&S and the Unichip together.

John, just tell me what EMS to get and I'll do it if I can get them working together. Do you think the Microtech LT-10 would work with it better than the Unichip? I am running methanol, and basically every bolt on except for an intake mani.

The car starts fine with just your unit, it starts fine with just the Unichip, but it won't work together. I am just cursed with engine management problems.

I'm running the box now with no TPS, so should I just get a SSAFC? And run stock timing? I really want control over timing though, so I really want the Microtech.

Back