Who has AWR adjustable end links on there Mazda Protege 5?

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey Guys,
Ok so this is a serious thread i recently just installed AWR adjustable endlinks on my car and i have to say it was the worst choice ive ever made for suspension . Once they were installed on the Car the Adjusting nuts came loose and at one point the Link literally removed itself from my car off the Strut tab and i lost the bushing for them to thank God the bolt was saved. Has anyone else had this experience with these? If not please tell me your experience with this because mine are awful and i have to constantly tighten the Adjusting nut daily! I think im going to return these. Word of advice dont buy these stick with High performance endlinks!

I've ran these for pushing ten years, and have never had a problem. Same can be said for the rest of the AWR parts I've used. Not to be a dick, but . . . operator error?

I've ran these for pushing ten years, and have never had a problem. Same can be said for the rest of the AWR parts I've used. Not to be a dick, but . . . operator error?

Hmmmmm. . . .. Now when you say you ran these pushing ten years was that with racing or Street use? Because driving them For Street use is totally different driving straight down a track as opposed to Driving threw Pot holes and ridgid roads can definitely loosen up the Adjusting nut because its not a lock nut and that"s what this thing needs is a Lock nut. I see nothing defective about this when i got it other then everything becoming loose i dont see any structural damage either

Last edited:
95% street use. and not particularly gently at that. this is my DD. There are (or should have been) nuts threaded on the rod ends, between the rod itself and the rod end to prevent the rod from turning(adjusting) on it's own.

95% street use. and not particularly gently at that. this is my DD. There are (or should have been) nuts threaded on the rod ends, between the rod itself and the rod end to prevent the rod from turning(adjusting) on it's own.
Yeah i know what you mean but there was only 1 nut threaded on there not 2 like most people think there should be. I think it would be a good idea to have 2 on there it would prevent it from slipping.

I've only ever had 1 nut on each side of the rod. No problems here with that setup. I suppose you could do a bit of thread locker if you're getting movement.

Other than AWR what other front adjustable links are there. I have agency power links in the rear they have done me well so far. I need a set of front links to replace the ones that came with the Megan Coilover kit.

Other than AWR what other front adjustable links are there. I have agency power links in the rear they have done me well so far. I need a set of front links to replace the ones that came with the Megan Coilover kit.
You can try Cork sport they make Adjustable end links for our car

Why not just get the escape/tribute ones people are using on the front? They are beefier than oem. Do you really need adjustable ones up front? And why not use red loctite or lock washer or a nut that has the plastic lock stuff on it?

Like these...........
Nylon_Lock_Nut.png

Last edited:
OK, red on the mounting nuts and blue on the adjustment ones.......the pic above was for the mounting ones. I thought OP was talking about those since it was dangling free loose from the mounting tab. No, I wouldn't use red on the adjustment ones either.

Oh yeah, he did also say tightening adjustment ones daily....................

Why not just get the escape/tribute ones people are using on the front? They are beefier than oem. Do you really need adjustable ones up front? And why not use red loctite or lock washer or a nut that has the plastic lock stuff on it?

Like these...........
Nylon_Lock_Nut.png
Do you know how long the Escape tribute ones are? The problem is i need them to be 9.5 inches because my cars lowered 1.8 in the front so i rounded off - 2 inches from the stock which brings me from 11.5 to 9.5 inches Stock links are to long and i can only Guess Escape end links are to. Oh yeah thanks for the 10 mm Lock nut i would use that but the guy Anthony from AWR told me it would be really hard to get off and one side is Left hand thread so that"s one of the reasons i havn"t done it yet. I herd using Lock tite is terrible to use on Endlinks if it were plumbing sure but this is my car different story. Thanks Any way but ill try to find Lock nuts with left hand thread .

Last edited:
I manufactured my own set of adjustable front links. I ordered all parts online. Threaded rod, threaded ball/socket joints, locknuts, etc..
I made sure to buy left hand thread for the top & right hand thread for the bottom so they couldn't loosen under normal wear and tear. The finished product is nice. ....and they ended up costing less than $20 each!

Back