while installing my summer tires...

Yeah theres no cutting in half happening here. My mazda dealer will be replacing those for me, and yes the struts will have to be disassembled to have the original boots re installed. thats going to happen next week. I should have noted that the vehicle's got 17,000km.

while they were looking at those boots, i found it as good a time to inform them of this "clicking" noise coming from the front of the vehicle when i go over an uneven surface, and they said they couldnt replicate it, but they "did everything they knew of" to try and eliminate the noise. Not good enough for me, so I will be going for a test drive with someone in the servicing department to point out the cause of my concern.

that. clicking. noise. is. so. frus.tray.ting !!!

for what its worth, my dealer replaced my dust boots under warranty and took care of the "clicking" noise coming from the front of the vehicle when I went over uneven surfaces.

To do this, they removed the cowling panels and retorque some bolts. been 4 days now, and the noise has not returned. im a happy camper !

for what its worth, my dealer replaced my dust boots under warranty and took care of the "clicking" noise coming from the front of the vehicle when I went over uneven surfaces.

To do this, they removed the cowling panels and retorque some bolts. been 4 days now, and the noise has not returned. im a happy camper !

Hi
Is your replacement struts boots good? Is it a better quality one compared to the torn one?

My replacement seems much the same. It feels a "bit" more rubbery compared to the old one, but that might just be because it hasn't dried out yet. We'll see how well it holds up.

Hi
Is your replacement struts boots good? Is it a better quality one compared to the torn one?

My replacement seems much the same. It feels a "bit" more rubbery compared to the old one, but that might just be because it hasn't dried out yet. We'll see how well it holds up.

yeah pretty much the same thing. im guessing they will be broken again next spring/summer bah. so depressing...another winter

Back