Where to find japanese oil filter?

:
2019 GT Reserve - Deep Blue 2016 Mazda3 iTouring - Soul Red
Anyone knows where to find japanese oil filter for the reserve?
Part number should be PE01-14-302. I know we got the value line mexico made filter and the ones from thailand i think it was? Thanks

Hm I*ll have to physically confirm the part num. so i dont order something else. I was wondering if they used the same filter for non turbos and turbo engine. Many sites have the same part number for both engines.

Part number should be PE01-14-302. I know we got the value line mexico made filter and the ones from thailand i think it was? Thanks
No, for CX-5 GT Reserve 2.5T you need PY8W-14-302 Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filter. Filters you mentioned are for 2.5L NA. You can get PY8W-14-302 filter form your Mazda dealer, online Mazda dealers, Amazon, or eBay.

so what is the correct part numbers for the 2019 turbo and non turbo?
Here you go:

No, for 2.5T the OEM oil filter is different from 2.5L. They're not supposed to be interchangeable. But you'll see aftermarket oil filters use only one filter to fit every Mazda engine including 2.5T and 2.5L.

And Med Center Mazda lists correct part number, 1WPE-14-302, for Denso Thai filter. Nothing has been changed.

Here are a list of OEM oil filters for different SkyActiv-G engines:

2.5T: p/n: PY8W-14-302 (Tokyo Roki from Japan)

2.5L: p/n: PE01-14-302A (Tokyo Roki from Japan); 1WPE-14-302 (Denso from Thailand); PE01-14-302A-MV (??? from Mexico)

Here're more info on OEM PY8W-14-302 filter for 2.5T Turbo:

Nothing should get you confused. Those online parts catalog simply has not been updated for 2019 CX-5.

PE01-14-302B is the latest version on PE01-14-302 series and installed from factory for 2.5L. It's not available in the US via regular channels although some sellers are imported from Japan by themselves.

Glad i checked here. None of the sites show PY8W-14-302 as the one for the 2.5 turbo.

Hm I*ll have to physically confirm the part num. so i dont order something else. I was wondering if they used the same filter for non turbos and turbo engine. Many sites have the same part number for both engines.
No, 2.5T and 2.5L use different oil filters, just like oil itself (5W-30 vs. 0W-20).

You can physically check your factory-installed oil filter, or go to Mazda dealer to verify the oil filter type for your 2.5T. Many parts websites list wrong info or list aftermarket oil filter which is one-size-fit-all.

Glad i checked here. None of the sites show PY8W-14-302 as the one for the 2.5 turbo.
Yeah, Amazon specifically says that the PY8W-14-302 doesnt fit my CX-5. Its a prime example of why I always double check things like that.

That's for the NA, not the turbo. You need to use the PY8W-14-302 filter.

If you use the search feature you will find this info posted multiple times.

That's for the NA, not the turbo. You need to use the PY8W-14-302 filter.

ColoradoDriver is correct. I recently did the first oil change on my 2019 GT-Reserve w/turbo and the original factory filter that was installed was a PY8W-14-302. And that is what I replaced it with.

The manufacturing quality control and the changing filter outer diameter of Mazda OEM MV oil filter definitely leave something to be desired. Thats why I prefer Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filter and bought 23 of it when it was still available from Med Center Mazda.

On the other hand, OEM Thai oil filter made by Nippon Denso also has high quality like Tokyo Rokis.

...hey can't the Nippon Denso be sourced from Toyota dealerships (US Mazda2's)?

...hey can't the Nippon Denso be sourced from Toyota dealerships (US Mazda2's)?
Yes. And usually its cheaper.

Honestly, if I ran out my Japanese oil filter, I'd definitely get 1WPE-14-302 Thai filter as it's really well made and looks as good as Japanese filter other than manufacture location. It's made by Denso and it carries Japanese and Toyota's quality. We can get those from Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2).

The only problem for me is I need to get a different cap oil filter wrench or something else, as the diameter is smaller on Thai filter.

While looking for OEM oil filter for my newly acquired 2018 Toyota Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2), I found Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA / Scion iA is rebadged Mazda (Nippon) Denso Thai filter 1WPE-14-302! 25% of Denso now owned by Toyota. So there's an alternative getting better quality Mazda OEM Thai oil filter from different sources may be with lower price.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 220451View attachment 220452

Back