where can I get rotors and pads?

mario8402 said:
Badger Biker is all the way in WI ... you need someone dpwm here in the south haha, jk

So yay or nay on the rotors? Just let me know before I go ordering from them. I was hoping to order today, but I'll wait if you got something better

I can get them for you, but I don't if I can save you much money over what they are charging. I can at least get them at the retail price for you and the duties and so forth would be absorbed on my end... so from that standpoint they'd probably be cheaper for you... so it's up to you... What we can do on that is figure they are 157 and 7 bucks to ship to you... so paypal for 164... if it comes in that they are cheaper (It will take roughly 2 weeks after the order completes for me to know) and I overestimated the duties etc then I'll refund money back to you to fit more inline with where our pricing should be (I try to sell at about 90% MSRP which depending on products means anywhere from 2-12% on profit). If that works then i'll get that ball rolling for you.

Also in other possible good news. EBC is processing the order and found a mistake in the part numbers. So they may have the reds all in stock and I could be shipping them out to you early/mid next week. I'm awaiting their final confirmation and lead time statements that will finish the order as far as processing and placement (usually doesn't take this long, but the possible custom red stuff pads was what threw this one off). Bad news is you might not get that ribbon... :D

I'll update as I can!

Later,

Steve

BTW... the KVR front rotors are listed as 175 dollars, and the rears as 157 dollars for the Mazda 3... those would the prices we'd start with and add 7 for shipping.. and then as I said if they came in cheaper etc, I'd credit back to you the difference over what I'd expect.

Thanks!

Steve

I'm showing $157 for front and same for rear on their website
I'll probably just order from them direct, no need to make you go through the extra trouble. I'm sure ill find something else that I can buy from you.
oh well on that ribbon though (pow)

mario8402 said:
I'm showing $157 for front and same for rear on their website
I'll probably just order from them direct, no need to make you go through the extra trouble. I'm sure ill find something else that I can buy from you.
oh well on that ribbon though (pow)

Looks like you are still up for the ribbon.. even though they list them in my books and on my price list they don't have them... so they are fabbing those for me... so you can still get that ;) and that order is fully in and processed with EBC.

I did 2005 Mazda 3 w/2.3L motor which yields part numbers MA008 and MA009 which are front and rear parts respectively with prices of 175 and 157 respectively.

Product Line Part Number Description F/R V/S POT Price
OE Brake Rotors MA008 Available Cross-Drilledor Gas-Slotted F V $175.00
OE Brake Rotors MA009 Available Cross-drilledor Gas-Slotted R S $157.00

Last edited:
the 2.0L SHOULD have the same size rotors for all the references I have... but that may be where their database is yielding a different number... I'll keep checking on that item for you then...

Later,

Steve

Hey Steve,

I like the excellent customer service but i am a bit confused with so much back and forth. I am intersted in upgrading my brakes, do you have the red stuff available for the 3s front and back? if not then i would like to get the green stuff. how long it would it take to get shipped either way?

What rotors other than KVRs do you have for the 3? I can do drilled or drilled and slotted.
could you give me a quote for both pads and rotors?

Mario, sorry i hijacked your thread bro. I like your rims a lot man where did you get them? how much was it?
i am looking into getting some black rims with machined lip for my titanium Gray.

ZoomVT said:
Hey Steve,

I like the excellent customer service but i am a bit confused with so much back and forth. I am intersted in upgrading my brakes, do you have the red stuff available for the 3s front and back? if not then i would like to get the green stuff. how long it would it take to get shipped either way?

What rotors other than KVRs do you have for the 3? I can do drilled or drilled and slotted.
could you give me a quote for both pads and rotors?

Mario, sorry i hijacked your thread bro. I like your rims a lot man where did you get them? how much was it?
i am looking into getting some black rims with machined lip for my titanium Gray.

No problem, there has been a bit of back and forth because of the issues on the reds not being made in both part numbers needed. The one answer I don't have for you right now is whether or not they'll have the red stuffs readily available now that Mario will get the first set. I'll have to talk to my contact on Tuesday when he'll be in again to see if they made multiple sets so that I can get those from you.. also I don't know if they'll stock anything in the US or if it will be an England ship... with that said I can get you the reds, it's just a matter of how long it takes. The greens he told me that have in stock, so those are much quicker... the pads ship out of california to me, and then I ship directly to you, they do not allow Drop Shipment, and we haven't held stock yet as I'm still trying to figure out the demand and how much overhead we can carry on stuff like this. So here is the break down on the pads and estimated shipping times:
Greens, In stock: time of order to your door, 9-11 business days worst case
Reds in stock: same as above
Reds in stock in England: add 5-6 days
Red custom made: total time of roughly 15-18 business days, or about 3.5 weeks total.
The lead time are something we are really really working to get cut down so that future orders should be more in our standard ship the next day approach.

KVR's are all I can do on the rotors right now... and those look like they have an MSRP of 175 for the front and 157 for the rear... I am working on re-verifying that though with KVR, they didn't get back to me today. That said I will start out at MSRP as I estimate duties to run around 50-70 dollars to get it to me. (which you'd have to deal with as well if you purchase direct). If the duties are not that high then we'll drop below MSRP as much as KVR lets us (most companies only allow a minimum sell price of 90% of MSRP or you lose your dealer status with them). However, if we did a group buy I could probably get us to just above 80% of MSRP. But again, duties and shipment costs from Canada is the rough part.

If you want exact numbers and so forth it will probably take Tuesday and Wednesday of next week for me to squeeze the info out of the vendors. Although KVR in canada may work on the 4th and then I'll try them then as well to get things moving quicker.

Thanks!

Steve
NSN Motorsports, LLC

COOL!

Thanks for the prompt reply Steve. I figured you were not going to reply till tuesday anyways, so i think i can wait for the response until tuesday. I am just hoping to squeeze all my mods by the end of July cause i would like to enjoy a bit of summer without worrying about mods. Thanks for your help! Have a good weekend everyone!

ZoomVT said:
COOL!

Thanks for the prompt reply Steve. I figured you were not going to reply till tuesday anyways, so i think i can wait for the response until tuesday. I am just hoping to squeeze all my mods by the end of July cause i would like to enjoy a bit of summer without worrying about mods. Thanks for your help! Have a good weekend everyone!

Nah I support and run NSN 7 days a week 365 a year... even on vacation I dial in remotely so I can check to make sure customers get answers LOL... I'll be working all weekend on developing stuff and seeing what sources I can locate... that and tuning the MP3 for more power... I'll be out for about 10 hours on Sunday when I'm racing in a local auto-x, but that's about it! Anytime you guys have questions just shoot them as I do my best to follow up right away... The boys with Microtech's know I'm pretty much at their beck and call 24/7.

Have a good one! And happy independence day to you all.

Steve

Well if you ever wondered how much trouble suppliers for us vendors can sometimes be, this thread should be a good education...

EBC England (the parent company) has now come back and said that they will now NOT make those front pads in ceramic... and then on top of that they only make the rears in ceramic (red)...sooo Mario, I need to talk to you... I'll pm you my phone number and we can go over what you want to do and how I can compensate for all the crap that has gone wrong on your order... Your reds should be here in a day or two... and I'll ship them out to you shortly... but that is your rear pads only... I can hold those or refund your money etc... but one way or another we'll figure out what works for you...

So for the rest of the Mazda 3 guys... I can get you Green stuff front pads, and RedStuff rear pads... and that's the only combo available there...

I can however also get KVR products now obviously... so we can work something out on that one.

Later!

Steve

so how bout some numbers for the pads?
and some numbers for KVR?

I'm still waiting on KVR to cough up info on customs and duties and how they handle it and what cost I should expect so I can make sure my pricing is correct... so that is the hang up there. If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'll call them again and see what the deal is...

As far as the 3 and pads....
Greens:
Rear: 44.10
Front: 71.10

Shipping is 3.50 to anywhere in the lower 48.

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:
Bump for Mario.. still haven't heard from you so we can figure out how to fix your order... if anyone knows him and let him know for me I appreciate it!

Thanks,

Steve

Maybe you should stat a new thread in the GB section??....cause i just clicked on this thread cause i had 10 mins to kill....and i happen to be wanting new pads in the next few weeks. I didn't expect all this...

I read the thread, but if i get this wrong, i appologize.

The last few posts you say, EBC will only do GREEN fronts and RED rears, correct?

I read you said the GREENs offer low dust, but how are the REDs? (Real world, not website quotes) As we know with the OEM pads, the rears seems to do most of the braking. Or the compounds are drastically different front to rear.

here's where i get confused, you then posted prices for GREENs front and rear...just a typo omitting REDs - rear maybe...? just want to be 100% clear.

thanks alot, your cust. service in this thread has been extremely refreshing and in a word, AWESOME.

I had a nice response typed up, used my scroll mouse to roll down to click submit... and my computer restarted! LOL. So back to that..

Yeah, I should start another thread... i'll have to do that in the near future... i just hate starting threads outside of the AVV forum, but if you don't you don't get any attention for your stuff... so it's a catch 22 I guess :)

EBC likes to change what they tell me about every other time I talk to them... but the current story is this on pads:
Mazda 3:
Green EBC's available for the FRONT and the REAR. Green's offer more stopping power and fade resistance than stock, and are a low dust compound.
Red EBC's are available for the REAR only (it's actually a Saab turbo pad). The pads are just a bit more stopping power than the greens, with a fair bit more fade resistance than stock, and about standard dusting (equivalent or just slightly worse than stock).

Green's are quite fade resistant. Most people I've talked to have been very very happy with their resistance. I don't think any auto-x guys will ever have any issue... if you were Solo1Protege you might see some minor difference.... but since you are Solo2Protege you should be ok :).

You can mix which pads you put front and rear if you want... It's user preference. It is typically recommended to run the same compound front and rear so that the stock biasing is maintained. If you want to increase your rear bias some, putting a higher friction pad (like the reds) in the rear is one way to do so.

Hope that helps!

let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Steve

Solo2Protege said:
Maybe you should stat a new thread in the GB section??....cause i just clicked on this thread cause i had 10 mins to kill....and i happen to be wanting new pads in the next few weeks. I didn't expect all this...

I read the thread, but if i get this wrong, i appologize.

The last few posts you say, EBC will only do GREEN fronts and RED rears, correct?

I read you said the GREENs offer low dust, but how are the REDs? (Real world, not website quotes) As we know with the OEM pads, the rears seems to do most of the braking. Or the compounds are drastically different front to rear.

here's where i get confused, you then posted prices for GREENs front and rear...just a typo omitting REDs - rear maybe...? just want to be 100% clear.

thanks alot, your cust. service in this thread has been extremely refreshing and in a word, AWESOME.

ZoomVT said:
cool... i'll be waiting
awesome work steve

Hunted down KVR yesterday and talked to them at like 5:00... got the duties thing straightened out... so we are all good on that. Shipping from them to me isn't cheap, but I can absorb it in the pricing with some ease... SOOO... I'll post a KVR group buy thread either today or tomorrow... and it'll go up in my signature. It'll include the big brake kits they offer (for Proteges) and the like... so pricing should be decent on that stuff :)

Later!

Steve

I did confirm based on some posts on some forums that it does appear to be a different rotor size between the i and the S for the 3's... the pads, however, appear to be the same size.

I'm going to work on my pricing today and hopefully this afternoon get the GB threads up.

Back