What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters

bumpin_p5

:
2002.5 Mazda Protege5 SportAuto
Ok if you have a Protege5 or a Protege 3rd Generation, what is your milage? Only vote if she is still running good. And by the way what is the life expectancy of a well maintained Protege engine? Any ideas? Just curious.

not even gonna put your own milage? I'm at 32xxx in my 03 p5. Just like any other four banger, if you keep up with the maintanence and don't destroy it, it should last well into 100k and beyond no prob.

johnnyB5646 said:
not even gonna put your own milage? I'm at 32xxx in my 03 p5. Just like any other four banger, if you keep up with the maintanence and don't destroy it, it should last well into 100k and beyond no prob.
Sorry, but I did vote, mine is right about 66k.

i'm at 97000km, or about 60k miles, and still running strong

i don't expect to get rid of her for a long time, if ever - love her far too much :)

57K, yo.

MyZmZm said:
i'm at 97000km, or about 60k miles, and still running strong.

i don't expect to get rid of her for a long time, if ever - love her far too much
I want to keep mine for a while too. I hope I have a chance to upgrade the suspension some time soon and really experience the zoom zoom.

purewhitemp5 said:
56,332 miles , engine , shifter , 3-4 syncros , clutch replaced at 49,000 miles , MAF replaced at 33k.
Damn, anyone else had his or her clutch replaced?

Last edited:
Damnit i clicked the wrong vote I meant to hit between 50k and 75k. Ive got 68k

Dim said:
I want to keep mine for a while too. I hope I have a chance to upgrade the suspension some time soon and really experience the zoom zoom.
do it!!! makes it even better :D

Dim said:
Damn, anyone else had his or her clutch replaced?
i will be, likely this fall yet - damn clutch chatter...

bumpin_p5 said:
Does changing the suspension/lowering it involve changing the camber angle or anything like that?
didn't for me, that i can recall... but i think it does depend on what you do. my drop is mild (1.2" all around) using springs and struts, not coilovers, so that could change things. obviously i got an alignment after all was said and done.

i finally changed mine in april and am sorry i didn't do it sooner; made a great thing even better. probably the biggest single improvement was upgrading the rear sway bar - that alone made the ass-end feel so much tighter around corners. and knock on wood, i have yet to experience any 'clunk' :)

change the oil and take care of the engine and i'm sure anyone can get 200K plus from a P5. i've know people who got 250K from older proteges...

Back