Whats Wrong....HELP!!

KCKrogoth

:
'02 Protege5
I ran a 50 shot (dry) and screwed my engine up. Obviously its messed up, but I'm curious what's wrong with it exactly...

The engine is making a bad knocking sound and misfires pretty bad on occasion. The #1 cylinder looks like it fried the rings or something because I can see oil on top of the piston and on the plug. Something sounds loose and like it's rattling around inside the head somewhere, but I pulled the valve cover and nothing seems broken or wrong. The car will still drive, Just not very good. Also, when it detonated, the #1 spark plug looked as if someone hit it with a hammer and smashed the grounding strap and electrode into the end of the plug.

I need some help on what to do, or what it could be...Or if I need to just get a new motor???

(help)

http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_158&products_id=620

these engines have a history of not liking nitrous - wet or dry. if you opt to rebuild the engine it will have to be pulled, bored out and honed from the sounds of it, as well as requiring new rods and pistons, gaskets, etc. if you go that route be sure to explore all high performance options such as forged pistons and rods. if not, its a better idea cost wise to snag a motor like the one in the link above.

Wow, that sux, I figured that was going to be the verdict though. Thanks!!!

What do you recommend for a rebuild? Cost? (thumb)

Don't rebuild. Go to a wrecker and get a used motor out of a wreck.

I got a complete motor for $700.00

Valve Cover to Oil Pan.

Don't rebuild. Go to a wrecker and get a used motor out of a wreck.

I got a complete motor for $700.00

Valve Cover to Oil Pan.

Back