What is this part called?

Jimmymp5

:
2003 Protege5
bushing.jpg

The black rubber piece, mine is very worn out but I cannot find what it is called, im replacing all the bushings this weekend with ones from Kia to save some money until I can get the cork sport options. Is this part of the shifter plate or something?

I think he's talking about the square piece of black rubber.

That piece isn't shown it the service manual.
It's probably going to be an OEM part from the dealer and it may only be available as a a complete base plate.

I'd suggest taking that picture to the dealer and see what they can do for you.

I think he's talking about the square piece of black rubber.

Whoops, my bad.

I didn't really pay attention to that part when I was underneath my car swapping out the shifter, so I don't really have a good idea what it's attached to or what it could be. It kind of look like that piece at the end of the extension bar (18) from the diagram, but then again not sure whether or not it's part of the base plate or not.

Mine is in pretty rough shape too so I'd say stay away from wreckers because they're probably all worn out.

I'm pretty sure it's a support bushing for the whole end of the shift mechanism.

If you can't find anything, you could try filling it with window weld or silicone.

You might be able to swap the rubber piece to your shifter base if that one doesn't fit your car...
Bit of a gamble though.

Back