What have you done to your P5 today?

Changed both O2 sensors. I made quick work of it by using a special O2 sensor socket and an impact wrench.

Both of the standoffs that keep the downstream O2 sensor wire away from the primary catalytic converter rotted off so my dad came up with a clever way to keep the wire safe. Using a tie wrap and a piece of rubber tubing (1cm diameter, ~4cm long) I was able to make a standoff which holds the wire a few cm away from the right radiator fan (the tie wrap runs through the tube, on one end it's attached to the fan, the other end loops around the wire).

I also noticed I have some clunking coming from the rear again, our fantastic roads seem to have knocked something loose. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just finished washing my P5 after only 4 weeks of not being washed:

IMG_20110708_205435.jpg

Crappy cell pic, but I like it since the flash made the projectors light up like a Christmas tree.

4 weeks, I haven't washed mine in 4 months!

I need to though, there's barbecue sauce on the passenger door (long story). I also need to get one of those headlight polishing kits, mine are starting to get a tad dull.

Very simple for 1, both requires a relay that is included. For just one, its a simple replace the stock and run your own ground wire.

Sounds much better when you run a separate relay for them. Stock wiring won't hold up for very long as those horns are very power hungry.

This is an audio of me sitting in the car starting it up. Sounds like a rod bearing/gasket and this is how long the car ran for the first time that I attempted to start it a few weeks ago. And yes, the camera shake was from my arm holding my phone out the window while filming and the entire car running.

Really considering the new engine.

Made some cables for the ground upgrades the car BADLY needs in its stock form lol
Pickled up some oil and filer to do a change Tomorrow

Here is a pic once I washed and waxed... too bad it started to rain. lol
photo1-3.jpg

Don't rag abOut the white it's only temporary as the painter fell through.

Thinking of Selling my car and getting a 2007 335i that I saw, but yeah... I'd hate to see it go and now I know that all she needs is a motor, but funds are hella tight for the next 2 weeks. Too bad no garage can work out payment plans otherwise my car would be on the road right now.

Back