What have you done to your P5 today?

BadKarma said:
Awesome, thanks Josh! Will try to take care of it this week... (thumb)

Most welcome.

Bruce you mad man! You going for the 200K mile mark? Must have been a blast.

mazdaspeed777 said:
I painted my headliner, cleaned my air filter, detailed my interior, and washed and waxed the exterior. Here is a link to some picks of the headliner I painted. It turned out really amazing. Check it out:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123652764&page=2

That looks pretty nice but I'd be kind of scared of breaking something when taking the headliner off. Then it would be this (bang) all day long.

It would be pretty hard to brake something. I wouldn't be worried. Its a pretty easy mod. You won't get anything done if your afraid of braking something, just go for it.

Wow um.. so I started up the car to drive to class, and there was no CEL. I backed out of the garage, then hopped out of the car to close the garage door (no power door opener ftl) and when I got back in the car the CEL was on. Is it autozone that will pull the codes? I've never had to do this before because whenever I got a CEL in the past, I knew why (multiple cylinder misfire after my plug wires got wet, the CEL when I had no second oxygen sensor for about a year, etc).

Kansei said:
Wow um.. so I started up the car to drive to class, and there was no CEL. I backed out of the garage, then hopped out of the car to close the garage door (no power door opener ftl) and when I got back in the car the CEL was on. Is it autozone that will pull the codes? I've never had to do this before because whenever I got a CEL in the past, I knew why (multiple cylinder misfire after my plug wires got wet, the CEL when I had no second oxygen sensor for about a year, etc).
ok, um, autozone, yes, and advance auto.i gotta make a run by advanced myself to figure out what's up w/ the whole cel in my car.:(

then i get an alignment, new wheels, and other things.

altspace said:
Bruce you mad man! You going for the 200K mile mark? Must have been a blast.

Might be. Have to spend money on the house this year so no new Miata this year. Maybe next.

I'm kind of curious now. Seeing how long she will go. Still running on the same battery, no issues starting the cold.

Here is a pic of the P5 with the MSP wheels on it.

Picture001-1.jpg

But bro do not take it to AutoZone to get that CEL erased. Take it to Advance Auto, they are better.

mazda_pro5_2nr said:

Picture001-1.jpg
nice, but too bad you have a protege axleback on that thing, that or the exhaust shop did a really bad job on the muffler placement on that bad boy

mazda_pro5_2nr said:

Picture001-1.jpg

Lucky! where did you get them?? So you need to shortin up that exhaust tip, that really sticks out there. Is that a Mazdaspeed Protege racing beat axleback??

Well I got the wheels from Pyr0TeK, mod for NC, great guy man. But No its actually a GReddy SP2 catback exhaust. I just need to know how to tuck that mothertrucker. I don't want to cut it but that is how it mounted.

mazda_pro5_2nr said:
Well I got the wheels from Pyr0TeK, mod for NC, great guy man. But No its actually a GReddy SP2 catback exhaust. I just need to know how to tuck that mothertrucker. I don't want to cut it but that is how it mounted.
then you must of gotten it for a protege and not a Pro5. you have to take it to a shop so they can cut some piping and weld it back so its shorter

Cut some pipe. I'm not sure of its dimensions, but there's gotta be a way to hack 4" or so off.

Yeah I just called my buddy at the shop, he said he can do it no charge, just need to take it. But he has to make new brackets to hang the exhaust.

put exhaust on today but there was a dent in the muffler so i am in the process of trying to get a new one sent.

anyone know how much it would cost to dynamat the trunk?

Dent2.jpg

Dent1.jpg

mazda_pro5_2nr said:
:D I have my own reader that my wife got me for my birfday....I was so HAPPY!

nice. yeah if I was a CEL regular maybe I'd invest in a code reader :D

You say go to Advance Auto? I didn't know if they pulled codes for free but definitely have heard that Autozone does.. Advance Auto is a lot closer anyway :)

When I was pulling into my driveway tonight I heard *RRRRRIP* and look behind me and oh look.. there's my driver's side front fender liner.. WTF!!!

it ripped off most of the clips and tore through the holes for the ones it didn't, so I doubt it can be pieced back on. I'm way leery about driving to work with it in it's current state, but my car is mucky and dripping and crap and it's freezing outside so I'd really rather not work on my car right now >_<

mazda_pro5_2nr said:
Yeah I just called my buddy at the shop, he said he can do it no charge, just need to take it. But he has to make new brackets to hang the exhaust.
Just extend the rear bumper! (thumb)

Back