What have you done to your P5 today?

Was able to get the old alt working again with the help of a fellow autocrosser. So I can return the one I bought!

Replaced all four p5 inner handles for all dark grey handles, looks alot cleaner. Next is to either paint the window switch or get dark grey ones or the carbon fiber to match the radio bezel
I blacked out my interior with oem pieces instead of painting. Got the door control panels & the radio bezel off a DX or ES I guess. Only thing I painted was the cupholder/shifter surround and my dual gauge instrument bezel. Only the sportauto shifter plate, door handles & the door lock bezel remain silver.....oh yeah, pedal covers, heelpad & dead pedal.

drove her to work today without a maf or iat lol.. i was gonna revert back to stock intake box but remove the acordian peice,, guess i forgot lol.

also thinking of swapping my msp interior over as the p5 with double the milage seems to have nicer seats.. msp front seats pretty faded and worn out now =(

has anyone managed to make a dual tip muffler look good on this car? i picked up a dtm style for my mx3 but that car is long gone.. stlll have the muffler. I had wanted to swap the msp exhaust over but thats kind of a pita atm.

I replaced the fuel pump housing. The top of it was cracked and I could smell gas outside the car ( but not inside).

The plate holding the fuel pump housing was quite rusted as were the M4 8mm screws that held it down. I stripped EVERY one of the 8 screws. I was able to remove 4 of the screws with screw extractors. I had to knock the heads off of the remaining screws with a cold chisel.

I couldn't find any M4 8mm screws at the hardware store so I bought M4 12mm bolts and cut them down to approximate size with a bolt cutter and de-burred them with a rotary tool.

Here's a thread about how to do this (thanks mtnbiker26):
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123718385-Has-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak

Got her lowered on Meagan Racing Springs and new struts. No pics because it was a 12 hour process today, 6 yesterday and I didn't even think about it. Both back endlinks needed to be cut off by a shop. Other than that it wasn't too bad!

Curious about the ride quality. What struts did you go with?

So far the ride is fine. Stiffer ride and definitely more bouncy but I'll adjust to it I'm sure. I actually did some extensive digging in the forums before I decided to purchase Stagg Struts. I'm in school and don't have much money, so with what I read and the price I pulled the trigger. Pretty much over the next few weeks we'll see if they're actually worth a darn.

i did a search on that and you need some pretty aggressive dampers to pair with the megans. prob more than id be willing to deal with on a daily driver, but the msp.. hmm. coilovers are pretty expensive lol.

Stiffer over bumps I suppose. You definitely feel the big ones a lot more. But the bouncy-ness is pretty much at cursing speeds. Say when you're on the highway or cruising through a residential. I should've been more descriptive.

Get adjustable dampers and it won't bounce. It will however stab you in the kidney.

A lot been happening lately i went from this
59f19e80a07fd80844e8f1990f26634a.jpg

To this because a hit and run of an idiot
e98b3a3aa8944c65d823d387f6554be0.jpg

Yea tape all over the fckn car cuz of the damage to hood and bumper
1797b1ec831a3acc817594160261058d.jpg

a7a83d026825c242f8fcf40338ec2172.jpg

2425879559fd012c945215c3c459fb13.jpg

But thank god recently went back to clean mode and in one piece all straight and perfect
5e628a53726e9a2886d0d69ae23c907a.jpg

ff22633514c34bc137a897e2ddbbec8b.jpg

5b40467709e04839ada98ca07fd4ab97.jpg

4e3051e277a5d3b865ed06ec717e2125.jpg

[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji28]
New bumper in and hood in flush

d1ab588fedbb97aa2e1aaa829bddef9e.jpg

d62f12c61ce2af3de8a1eb0c1ed92c89.jpg

[emoji7] [emoji7] GOD IS GOOD..

not sure why you would put it on without painting it first =\

Just finished installing a 3.5 MSP Axleback I picked up. One thing I didn't think about was that the exhaust is oval and my outlet is round. So right now it just rattles the whole back bumper at idle or low RPM but I like it so far. Any advice on how to cut/make my exhaust outlet larger? I think a hacksaw would be a little.....barbaric?

Pics up soon!

Is it unmodified? People say they need to be cut for the p5. I have a full msp exhaust to go on the p5 but haven't seen an unmodified one installed.

Valk its modified. I went to a local exhaust shop with a TIG welder(I think thats it) because the exhaust is stainless steel. I asked if they could cut out the pipe that in between the muffler and the tip and just weld it back together. Took him 10min and cost me 30 bucks :)
The way it sits now after I put it on the car I have it hanging underneath the exhaust outlet. It wasn't even close to being able to fit inside hahaha. I was looking on Bimmer Forums and found a great DIY write up I plan on doing this weekend. I'll take some before and after pics!

Here's the link. No power tools necessary! http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?947522-Exhaust-Cutout

Back