What have you done to your P5 today?

Finally got the time to upload some pictures of my p5. Still new to the p5 world so let me know any feedback!

You 100% have the right to provide parts and use what new if you want it on there...especially would fight the LCA...

This is what I thought but hard to do when the estimator doesn't contact you and you find out five days later that the parts have already been ordered and the check has been cut! (argh) According to the person I spoke with this morning it is not the estimator's job to contact me since the vehicle is at the shop. The shop should have called me or I should have called them to follow-up....WTF!? I'm your effin customer, it takes two minutes to call me and explain everything. Leave me your number and I'll contact you if I have any questions. Supposedly the replacement parts have a lifetime guarantee for as long as I own the car. They are sending this to me in writing but I'm calling back to confirm that the lca will include the ball joints/bushings. I can just see them trying to wiggle out of it later stating that the ball joint is not part of the lca.

BTW....happen to have a bumper and/or left fender sitting around? :)

Ordered a sickspeed shift boot and shift knob awhile ago, they arrived today. The boot didn't fit unless I cut it, which I ****** up. The knob is the wrong thread size, I bought it thinking it was universal. Waste of $50.

Finally picked up one of those cone shaped hole drillin things so I can drill the foglight & bracket out for the 3000k 35w HID bulbs goin in them.............

Thanks jdm_pro5. I wasnt sure if it fit the same as the ine woth the fina on the ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the fog housing needs to be drilled open, the bracket will be ok.
Guess I'll check it first, just looked like it'd need to be cut too....unless the bulb just barely sticks out of the housing and wires can bend away from bracket.

Guess I'll check it first, just looked like it'd need to be cut too....unless the bulb just barely sticks out of the housing and wires can bend away from bracket.

Correct, the bulb is JUST long enough that only the housing needs to be drilled, the wires should clear the brackets.

So there is room for the rubber grommet for the wires to poke out and wires still have room to bend around the bracket? That would make things easier. I have the extra lights and brackets off the car and haven't looked at the ones on the car to see how much room there is between the bracket and light in it's mounted position.

So there is room for the rubber grommet for the wires to poke out and wires still have room to bend around the bracket? That would make things easier. I have the extra lights and brackets off the car and haven't looked at the ones on the car to see how much room there is between the bracket and light in it's mounted position.

I knew I had some pics uploaded... here's what mine look like:

8L5fPA6115fDTJDPYw-dJtw7sv36PhL57zASY5BIMbM=w1463-h875-no

IMAG0043.jpg

Finally.
Finally.

Switched out the front motor mount.

10314013_10152366735816259_4708948796324388352_n.jpg

Could not get that damn nut off. Soaked in in PB, cranked on it until it completely turned round. So finally bought a dremel and cut that nut into 3 pieces and hammed on it until fell off.

Car drives like new! And now with the motor clunking noises gone, I can hear that's some other squeaking and crunching going on. Fuuuck!

great info in the last 2 posts above for me!! i'm also going to eventually get 3k hids for my fogs and knew there was something needed to mod to fit hid bulbs!

and for the motor mount, i keep neglecting to replace mine....it probably looks like the one in the pic above. going to hope the rockauto replacement mount will hold up ok, not wanting another solid or harder front mount. got sick of listening to the old car rattle to bits at idle.

I bought the 4-mount pack from amazon for about $130. Did the passenger and the tranny mount in a few hours and then went to do the front mount (which is the absolute easiest to get to), but could not get the damn center nut off. I let it sit and clunk for a few months before spending a few more days trying to get it off again and then just ended up cutting it off.... like I should've to begin with.

I've also bought an OEM rear mount, but I'm gonna find a mechanic to do it for me since I don't have a lift or any easy to get the damn car up so I can work under it.

Just received a replacement Power Steering pump since my current is squealing like a stuck hog. Now, I just need the time to replace it

Back