What have you done to your MSP today?

I'm prob gonna buy both wheels. The miata wheels should look pretty badass with spacers though. The grams will look good as well, just not so much on a yellow msp.

Pa I know the wings are the same but the term mp3 is more instantly recognizable than 03 vs 03.5 style. At least I think so

drove the car i bought a month ago for the first time tonight. there must be some seriously wrong s*** my msp cause this p5 is smoother in all areas. trans is smoother, engine revs smoother, ride is much smoother. quieter.. gearshifts nice dispite stock bushings. its comfortable... dispite the engine having 315km on it.. shell has 207.. everything just feels better.

of course im gonna go ahead and wreck that by lowering it, putting lower profile tires on it, boosting it.. but i prob wont do much with the suspension. just lowering springs. vtcs delete definitely works.. i know its supposed to stay open when the car is warm, but that rod and the butterlies still obstruct like 20% of the volume.

Don't wanna sound like an ass, but BOTH of my MSPs are 100% rust free. :D

Mine is great, but it was also a Georgia car for the first 7 years of it's life, then the past 4 have been here in Tennessee and it doesn't even get driven in the snow or at least hasn't in a couple of years. Not that it would matter because we don't salt/brine the roads around here normally. My 8 was a Pennsylvania car and has some minor undercar rust, but nothing significant.

speaking of rust, i washed my car last night and found a lot of rusty spots. :( not cool.

Do you mean, like, rail dust, or actual rust on the chassis

I finished removing all the sound dreading from the cabin and found a hole in the floor I gotta patch now. It's about 3"x3" in size so now I gotta buy a welder and learn to weld. Hopefully I don't find anymore holes in body.

I still gotta think how I'm gonna bolt the rear subframe back into the body. I snapped one of the bolts in the frame and cut bolt to get the subframe out. Any suggestions what I should do?

Mine is great, but it was also a Georgia car for the first 7 years of it's life, then the past 4 have been here in Tennessee and it doesn't even get driven in the snow or at least hasn't in a couple of years. Not that it would matter because we don't salt/brine the roads around here normally. My 8 was a Pennsylvania car and has some minor undercar rust, but nothing significant.
TBH I have never seen a car rust out as quickly or severely as the BJ Proteges. My car was originally sold in Georgia as well (Rick Case Mazda in Duluth, GA according to Mazda USA's vehicle history database) then ended up in Colorado for a year before it was rescued and brought to Texas in 2010.

Mine would be too if I lived in Texas...

I've seen the snow this past winter on the east coast and I honestly do not understand why so many people put up with 6 months of horrendously cold and often icy and dangerous weather. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Not to mention making the choice of either 1. having a nice car and letting it be destroyed, or 2. not getting to drive or enjoy your nice car for 4-5 months out of the year.

Not everyone can just get up and move to a warmer climate. Plus I love 50-60* weather and I would sweat to death if it was consistently 80*. I like warmth, but only can handle it for a couple of months. I would love to move to the Carolina region.

so ive been on a path to rid all the replica parts off my car.. finally got the last piece to the puzzle last nite
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/71999981@N03/16401379993/player/" width="480" height="640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

and also, not sure if anyone has noticed, but cx racing sells a fmic kit for our cars now. I remember they asked to use my car like 2 years ago for a mock up, i declined. anyways I dont think I've seen anyone running it but its there

and also, not sure if anyone has noticed, but cx racing sells a fmic kit for our cars now. I remember they asked to use my car like 2 years ago for a mock up, i declined. anyways I dont think I've seen anyone running it but its there

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...Code=KIT-PROTEGE-IC0036&Category_Code=Protege
It looks like they just copied corksport's FMIC
6.jpg

Yep.. I posted here and the FB pages back in December of last year. Not a bad setup considering it's the only one in existence that's currently being manufactured.

i thought i was clear, but i wanted to BUY a wing for another car. nothing coming off the yellow car and going anywhere! well. the lip is, but its staying in the family. i might get a couple dgm lips and put it back shortly. which will be good excercise in matching the yellow paint again as products change quite often. this time once we figure out the yellow im gonna buy a fricken gallon of base.

oh didn notice the installed pics nor ur post...guess I'm late to the party lol. but ya cool someone is actually making parts for us. thats the one thing I dislike about these cars...no support

hotpipe is a little bit long, but better than running it under the front rad support like i did heh. I wonder if you could get the cold pipe for it and the intercooler and leave the hotpipe. of course i you could just cut the welds and run the hotpipe however you like i suppose.

Back