What have you done to your MSP today?

Wasn't sure if the stock hoses on the msp would work with the full size rad or not , if they lined up right . Cuz the CR3 guy sent me a link for new ones $110 for those ones and in sure I can find cheaper ones either way , just wasn't sure on the size I guess , if that makes sence at all lol

Top hose is fine. Just have to rotate it if the mishimoto rad is the same set up as a p5

Wasn't sure if the stock hoses on the msp would work with the full size rad or not , if they lined up right . Cuz the CR3 guy sent me a link for new ones $110 for those ones and in sure I can find cheaper ones either way , just wasn't sure on the size I guess , if that makes sence at all lol

i love how the white evo8 rims look, im thinking of doing the same thing, either a bronze or all white for my msp

Do it! I thought about doing bronze at one point but everyone said I'd be a Subaru poser cause of the blue. But the white makes it stand out more than the bronze would I think

The hoses DO fit. I use stock msp hoses on my rad, like was said before.. you just need to rotate it. And to answer your other question about the OBD2, it depends on which iPhone you got. I know torque dosent work with iphones at all.

So im having issues with maf high input again if I boost above 18psi. Ugh. I know the car is still fast at 15-17psi but I want 20 damnit :(

The hoses DO fit. I use stock msp hoses on my rad, like was said before.. you just need to rotate it. And to answer your other question about the OBD2, it depends on which iPhone you got. I know torque dosent work with iphones at all.

That's good to know , so even if I got new hoses I can just get ones for the msp and they would still work either way , cool . Thanks . I have the iPhone 4S doesn't have torque app on it , but has several other apps that say they use the obd2 , but when you lookup the obd it says its for droid .. Kinda stupid I would say lol

I know most apps dont work because apple uses a proprietary bluetooth stack that software designers would have to pay them for, which they dont. You can get an OBD2 device that uses wifi instead of bluetooth however.

oh ok, yeah I took mine back out and am running the stock ecu for now until I can get bigger injectors and drive up to Sam to tune it. He strongly suggested I get it tuned instead of driving on the the stock tune to be safe as a result of the GT30. Im not boosting so it's fine for now until I get the injectors he suggested for my build. Tuning on the stock injectors would be a waste of time since they would end up maxing out, so as soon as I get the new injectors, I'll be heading up to his shop for a "conservative" tune on the haltech to hold me over until the build. But anyway, since the haltech will be tuned using the internal map sensor, as soon as you install it and get a decent tune on it, you can take the maf sensor off and just tuck it somewhere. But leave it plugged up to avoid a CEL. That's what Im going to do when I get tuned.

Last edited:
I got 440s for sale if you want...

I put the ssafc back on and its running amazing right now so im not sure what ill do. Getting rid of the maf was my main reason for wanting the haltech in the first place. Now that the car runs great I dont really want to spend the time to tune it though.

so you are boosting close to 20 psi with no timing control? You will want to install the haltech eventually since MAF tuning only goes so far. Got a build thread or mod list anywhere? I thought about 440s, but with my goals, Im going bigger than those. That way, after the built motor goes in, I'll have more headroom with injector duty cycle when the time comes for a built transmission

so you are boosting close to 20 psi with no timing control? You will want to install the haltech eventually since MAF tuning only goes so far. Got a build thread or mod list anywhere? I thought about 440s, but with my goals, Im going bigger than those. That way, after the built motor goes in, I'll have more headroom with injector duty cycle when the time comes for a built transmission

Figured 440s would be too small for you, hell thats I dont have them installed anymore :p Nope no build thread, my car is completely stock..... at least it looks that way from the outside.

When are you planning on seeing sam to get it tuned? Are you building the engine first? If you are not then I doubt you'll make it there lol.

I know most apps dont work because apple uses a proprietary bluetooth stack that software designers would have to pay them for, which they dont. You can get an OBD2 device that uses wifi instead of bluetooth however.

Yeah I saw the wifi ones , but then I'll have to be in range of wifi and want be able to use the full app that records real time driving etc , would only be good for CEL diagnosis ... Thanks for the help

Do it! I thought about doing bronze at one point but everyone said I'd be a Subaru poser cause of the blue. But the white makes it stand out more than the bronze would I think

LOL, thats funny.... but yea im still contemplating on a color choice, and looking around for a clean set of evo8's around my area to pick up.

on a side note THANK GOD my steering rack is fine. (yippy) realigned the protege last night. my toe was completely off all around. so now its just time to order a high output alternator and fix the low voltage issue these cars are cursed with.

Back