What have you done to your MSP today?

Oh its been a couple of years and it still hasnt completely gone away. I just spray the interior with febreeze every now and then and keep an air freshner in the car. But there's still that funky smell.

225 40 18 on 8" 40mm offset front 45mm offset rear took alot of work to mostly not rub at my ride height. Not slammed should be no problem!!

I ran that on a 16x8

225 40 18 on 8" 40mm offset front 45mm offset rear took alot of work to mostly not rub at my ride height. Not slammed should be no problem!!

I know people can run Xx8 wheels. I think the rx7 are 16x8 and the rx8 wheels are 18x8 witha 50offset. I do eventually want to goto a 225/40/17 tire on a 17x7.5 or 17x8 wheel. However with that said I dont want to chew through tires due to my fenders not being rolled. Im also lowered on Tein s-tech springs. (2" front, and 1.5" rear)

Edit: as it is right now I bottom out in the rear with the stock tire and wheel size on big dips.

Last edited:
I know people can run Xx8 wheels. I think the rx7 are 16x8 and the rx8 wheels are 18x8 witha 50offset. I do eventually want to goto a 225/40/17 tire on a 17x7.5 or 17x8 wheel. However with that said I dont want to chew through tires due to my fenders not being rolled. Im also lowered on Tein s-tech springs. (2" front, and 1.5" rear)

Edit: as it is right now I bottom out in the rear with the stock tire and wheel size on big dips.

the only tires you can really get in 225/40/17 are slicks they don't make street tires in that size(or at least i haven't found street tires in that size). http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=225/&ratio=40&diameter=17

Wheel diameter is irrelivant. tire width, overall diameter, and offset are the only measurements that effect it rubbing or not. I only rubbed with 2+ people in the back seat on 50 offset, 225/45/16

So, you rub now, and you don't know if you will rub by going wider? I don't understand.

Last edited:
the only tires you can really get in 225/40/17 are slicks they don't make street tires in that size(or at least i haven't found street tires in that size). http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=225/&ratio=40&diameter=17

Not to many tires in that size but they are out there if you look. But you are right, ill more then likely have to go witha 225/45/17. I just want to stick to stock height but go wider.

http://www.sears.com/riken-raptor-tire-225-40r17-stdw-bw/p-09549313000P?prdNo=2

Wheel diameter is irrelivant. tire width, overall diameter, and offset are the only measurements that effect it rubbing or not. I only rubbed with 2+ people in the back seat on 50 offset, 225/45/16

So, you rub now, and you don't know if you will rub by going wider? I don't understand.

I bottom out... not the normal terms of what people talk about when goign wider wheels.. whats so hard to understand about that.... Thats where the wheel literally touches the top part of the fender not the ouside or inside edges.

Last edited:
god do not get raptors, worst tire I've ever been on. 0 traction in the rain/wet/snow

Rikens? Those are ******' horrible tires. Theres a locally owned group of 4 shops that sell those to EVERYONE! They are the worst ******' tires ever. I totally agree with the lack of traction.

I bottom out... not the normal terms of what people talk about when goign wider wheels.. whats so hard to understand about that.... Thats where the wheel literally touches the top part of the fender not the ouside or inside edges.
Never had that happen, didn't even know it was possible. Are your bump stops off?

Never had that happen, didn't even know it was possible. Are your bump stops off?

I would assume so. The previous owner could have removed them but I have never thought to check. All 4 struts have been replaced with with new tokico struts (reg sedan struts not the MSP specific struts) and have less then 30k on them.

I need to put another one of my AC compressors on... The low-mileage unit I opted for instead of the other one has a bad clutch... And it's ******' hot.

PREFERIO, YOULL LOVE THIS ONE.... sssssooo, Came home from work today, didnt really run any harder than usual. Heard a rattling..... YUP!! So much for selling a "90% fresh" MSP. My rods/bearings are definitely not happy anymore. LMFAO!! Thank you previous owner for 12PSI w an FCD on a stock 626 block.... Which btw makes 2 blocks in 30,000 miles. HAHAH Unfortunately I aint balling like Preferio so shell be parked/for sale for a lllllllooooong time. hahahah

And yes that is real laughter. That kinda thing is story of my life! Doesnt even phase me anymore. CURSE OF THE MSP!

Last edited:
PREFERIO, YOULL LOVE THIS ONE.... sssssooo, Came home from work today, didnt really run any harder than usual. Heard a rattling..... YUP!! So much for selling a "90% fresh" MSP. My rods/bearings are definitely not happy anymore. LMFAO!! Thank you previous owner for 12PSI w an FCD on a stock 626 block.... Unfortunately I aint balling like Preferio so shell be parked/for sale for a lllllllooooong time. hahahah

And yes that is real laughter. That kinda thing is story of my life! Doesnt even phase me anymore.
I'm not going to say this'll work, but I slapped bearings in mine 2 times before I finally killed it. I'd try that.

Thanks for the advice. Ive done piston swaps with the motor still in on Honda's, so it's not ttttoo bad an idea actually. But I parked her right away... Only way I'm opening that pan is to FORGE, maybe it's the bearing's but I think I need rod's lol I'm obviously not a pro. But something sounds loose hahahah Its basically telling me IM NOT HAPPY! IM GOING TO BLOW! So I can either make someone with more money aware of the situation, or wait to forge and rebuild. Mmmmaybe do another 626 swap, IDK man. I GOT MY WISH FOR A BLOWN MSP THO!!! HAHAHAH I wanted to buy/rebuild one, Im going to loose mad money now!! HAHAHAH

My wife is so pist, I warned her ahead of time. Obv, I was well aware since 2005 my buddies Ti stories lol lmfao but your the only one prepared for this. WTF! Stock boost?!?!?! hahahah

As usual. I opened my mouth too soon. I forgot were the only 1's to value fsde's. I found like 5 long blocks or crashed donors in my area for ddddddirt cheap. So I'm thinking ill be back and running by end of month or next....

got my adp in today. It started off as a dirty raw adp then with some time and some scotch brite pads turned into a nice and clean brushed adp. =D

IMG_20120715_181803.jpg

IMG_6593.JPG

Latest posts

Back