What have you done to your MSP today?

Seems to happen more commonly after coming to a stop and idling for a time. I can apply load at cruise and he car will respond normally. Yesterday i had some wicked backfires and bucks after dropping a friend off. He drove the way home and the car ran as expected. Not so for me heh.

Sad moment when you go to sell your only running MSP :( Hopefully she finds a good home. Need to find a better job so I can actually afford to build Pikachu.

I have a buyer... She has the cash ready, just waiting on me... I can be driving my CX7 tomorrow... Fix the P5 and sell it for a Miata or a bike... Oh, man, decisions, decisions...

did you tell her that it's built but be easy cause it's on transmission #15? :D

She's a friend of mine, actually. Sees all the fun times I have via Facebook posts and fully understands. Had a black MSP a few years. And has been trying to buy my car for three years. She plans to keep it low-boost for a while.

Right now, the car is only gaining mileage, not value, so I really just need to do it. Pull the trigger and be done with it. Go pick up my CX-7, cruise around comfortably with my girls in the car, not having to worry about something all the time. Except for turbochargers and timing chains. I plan on replacing the timing chain, tensioner, guides, etc as soon as I get one. ****, man! What do I do?!

get the family car but no need to get rid of your toy.. cant imagine you would get enough for the msp to make up for the blood sweat and tears you have put into her. the rareness ect. id just take a side job or two if it was me.

Beat a white speed6 from a 30 roll in 1345 on Tuesday and absolutely embarrassed a little fiesta ST earlier today, I love my MSPs

Also bought some used Eibach pro-kit springs, going to put them on 1345. Still need to swap the head and fix the EGR so I can get it registered and sell it. I hate to do it but I have to buy a truck for work.

Last edited:
Leaving around 1am tomorrow to drive to pickup the engine for #935. Transmission and brakes are paid for and awaiting shipment.

Can't wait to be in a MSP again.

Today will likely be my last day as an MSP owner. Drove it around for three hours last night, aimlessly, just to enjoy it. It's never ran or driven so well. I am just hoping that when the cash is right there in front of me, I can just hand the title over.

I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN DO IT!

Today will likely be my last day as an MSP owner. Drove it around for three hours last night, aimlessly, just to enjoy it. It's never ran or driven so well. I am just hoping that when the cash is right there in front of me, I can just hand the title over.

I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN DO IT!
Wow

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

its really weird.. when the car hesistates and bucks, usually in a higher load low rpm accelleration situtation, the entire electrical system takes a dump. the headlights will go out radio resets, all dashlights will flash ect... not sure what to look for in this case. the codes just tell me the car runs lean, but im not understanding how it would take the entire electrical system out when it hesitates...

no... but i had thought of picking up a p5 ecu if it could safely handle the msp boost level.

ill rip my ecu out today and have a look at the wires i soldered up. also, i bought a replacement bosch fuel pump ill prob pull and have a look at. inspect the screens and filters ect. the internet tells me the high pressure fuel pump is a life time thing, but i might delete it anyway and install a easy to replace one in the engine bay. check some impedences in the ignition system.. check connections.. someone mentioned checking engine grounds, but i installed a beefy 4ga wire from the cylinder head to the battery just so this wasn't an issue ever.
on the highway the car runs as expected and you can beat on it, but coming to a stop for a few seconds and starting out again i have to be super easy on it. stopping on a hill would be impossible....

Last edited:
alright... this could have been worse i suppose... battery strap broke and when the car was accellerating the battery would get flung back into the strap grounding the pos to the chassis.. then the car would violently shut off and fling the battery back forward.

i still have a too lean code to fix so the fuel pump might not be a total waste. ive never inspected that system so not bad timing to check.

It's gone...

Six years...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up.

Oh, well.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Back