What have you done to your MSP today?

oh btw I worked on my Msp today! Finished up my twm install and put the interior back together. I also tried to get the passengers side axle separated but no luck so far I'm going to try again tomorrow when I go to mock up my ic piping.

oh and here is mebarsh's dyno run. I took his car for him since he had to work this morning. God those 245's have a lot of grip :)
[video]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/y4ohF_AB6Z5RIq8HPDkYc3TfJpZytxD3ZqwD5MDrCRc?feat=d irectlink[/video]

Last edited:
Has anyone elts uses the eBay manifold and have had any issues with it ? Or does everyone replace it with a stock one if it cracks ?

I have had a constant P0171 for a while and cleared it for kicks and found two more codes along with it, P0106 and P0401 so I get to hook it up to IDS at work Monday and see what is wrong with the EGR boost sensor!

I passed 130k this week and cleaned the car up really well, gonna show it off saturday at the local meet for the first time ever.

I changed the spark plugs and WGA today cuz I had the P0171 and cross your fingers the CEL is still of and idles perfect and is running great !

Drove 40 miles since I put the new plugs in and the WGA , just pulled in my drive way and the CEL turned back on ... WTF ! Now what ...?

Figured out the CEL thankfully it was easy. Found the vacuum line on the EGR boost sensor was split. I noticed today the leak was causing my car to run rich and as soon as I replaced the line the car felt like it had a lot more power. Back to running great and loving my MSP as always.

Sorry, but what is the ideal A/F ratio for the MSP?

My opinion, picked up from folks here who've been tuning longer than me:
Aggressive = 11.5-12 afr
MidRange = 11-11.5 afr
Conservative = 10-11 afr

11.5 keeps you from bogging when you put your foot in it and hit full boost, but with significantly less risk of detonation than those who set up at 12+. You are stoichmetric at 14.7... that is, you reach a rate of perfect fuel combustion at 14.7 so 14 is good when cruising at 60 mph at 2500 rpms (and not boosting), but setting up anywhere near that lean under boost would be begging for disaster. The MSP came with the ecu programmed to richen the mix to 10.0-10.4 at full boost (depending on temperature, humidity, altitude, etc), so tuning it to 11.5 is leaning it out approximately 15 percent.

Last edited:
Nothing yet but once it stops raining I am going to jack it up and grease the bushings in the rear so it stops squeaking.

Back