What have you done to your MSP today?

Have the urge for some new wheels. Would love a set of BBS LM reps in something like 17x8 +45.

I cant make up my mind! Havnt had a car payment in 5 years and dont want to fork the cash over for a new Sti.

I cant make up my mind! Havnt had a car payment in 5 years and dont want to fork the cash over for a new Sti.
Same way here, but I want an MS3... but am now considering a second MSP...

The best part of the my MSP is knowing it is relatively easy to fix. Stock boost, stock tune, couple bolt ons here and there, and a whole lot of suspension. Pretty easy to figure out what is wrong, buy new parts and swap them out. Still cheaper than a car payment.

crap, well I guess that is another thing to throw on the list..

does anyone know which one of those standalones is the one where you can put in the a/f ratio into the cells that you want, and the standalone adjusts it to make it come out to that ratio.. I remember seeing someone post about one of them that did that a year ago about, but can't remember which one

Hydra Nemesis has that if you want to drop $2200 on the ecu.

Hydra Nemesis has that if you want to drop $2200 on the ecu.
yeah thats the same cost for the Haltech platinum 1000 with it all prewired and everything.. .sadly I guess I will be sticking to turbo maybe unless I can find one, but I should probably just wait to get the bigger turbo and ECU until I have more money and just do this part of the build now.

which brings me to the question, I have the 750cc injectors and I have the SSAFC but since I may not be going with the GT28 RS yet, if I have the stock turbo on like 12psi.. will the stock injectors be ok? I hit fuel cut sometimes, but that's also because I have a very big crack in between each runner on the stock exhaust mani (I'll be getting the new one from Pope once I hear from him.. hopefully soon) but with the right tune should the stock injectors be ok for 12psi.. or should I keep it down to 10?

yeah thats the same cost for the Haltech platinum 1000 with it all prewired and everything.. .sadly I guess I will be sticking to turbo maybe unless I can find one, but I should probably just wait to get the bigger turbo and ECU until I have more money and just do this part of the build now.

which brings me to the question, I have the 750cc injectors and I have the SSAFC but since I may not be going with the GT28 RS yet, if I have the stock turbo on like 12psi.. will the stock injectors be ok? I hit fuel cut sometimes, but that's also because I have a very big crack in between each runner on the stock exhaust mani (I'll be getting the new one from Pope once I hear from him.. hopefully soon) but with the right tune should the stock injectors be ok for 12psi.. or should I keep it down to 10?
I've ran 12psi for a while now, and even though I've gone through a couple of motors, the injectors didn't seem to be a problem.

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH INTEREST IN THE PERRIN FMIC?

because it is no longer made and is probably one of the better intercoolers that were made for our cars. Then there is the Turbolife, which is exactly the same as far as looks but flows better from what I understand. They also have shorter IC pipes compared to most other kits due to the design of the core.

I've ran 12psi for a while now, and even though I've gone through a couple of motors, the injectors didn't seem to be a problem.

Because $$$ means quality. The more you pay the better the product (headshake bolt ons vs custom made at home.

While I know it's a completely different engine and application, I'm running RCR 750cc on my MSM with a GT2560. Getting the idle right is a total *****, and I'm mid 9's AFR at high rpm at 7 psi.

because it is no longer made and is probably one of the better intercoolers that were made for our cars. Then there is the Turbolife, which is exactly the same as far as looks but flows better from what I understand. They also have shorter IC pipes compared to most other kits due to the design of the core.

Wait, so it looks like the Perrin?? I'm just guessing its the Pertinent based on the hardpipe design/angles/curves and the mounting for the IC along with the angled ends on the core. So, maybe it's a turbolife lit. I didn't see any markings to verify it was a perrin but it looks identical to one.

On the Perrin kit there's a small Perrin logo welded onto the core, and the couplers will say Perrin.

Wait, so it looks like the Perrin?? I'm just guessing its the Pertinent based on the hardpipe design/angles/curves and the mounting for the IC along with the angled ends on the core. So, maybe it's a turbolife lit. I didn't see any markings to verify it was a perrin but it looks identical to one.

The perrin and turbolife FMIC look the same except the perrin has perrin tacked onto one of the end caps... let me see if i can get you a picture of that.

Edit: Perrin logo tacked onto the pass side end cap.
DSCF1280.jpg

Last edited:
Perrin definitely wasn't stenciled onto the core though...

Latest posts

Back