What have you done to your MS6 today?

I guess if I had actually looked at your 4,000+ posts I wouldn't have said "welcome"!

The car looks really clean, so I hope you enjoy it. Should be a nice upgrade from the MSP, though that was a nice car too. I think one of the best things about the MS6 for me is the interior. I love the instrument design and layout, it makes me happy just sitting in it when I'm driving along at slowpoke speed.

What have I done? I bought mine. Here she is. 2006 velocity red.

IMAG0799.jpg

has cpe long dp, Corksport exhaust, cobb ap, turbo xs bov, cobb intake and tip, gen pu ms3 wheels, tokikco blue struts with road magnet springs, hid fogs, hid headlights with halos, and led tails. Sure I'm missing some stuff. Has 94k miles and I got it for $9k. Will post more pics later
Awesome find...gotta love that Turbo XS BOV. Mine kinda looks like that now with the Genpu MS3 wheels...just alot lower and the wheels are white. Sweet Ride

I guess if I had actually looked at your 4,000+ posts I wouldn't have said "welcome"!

The car looks really clean, so I hope you enjoy it. Should be a nice upgrade from the MSP, though that was a nice car too. I think one of the best things about the MS6 for me is the interior. I love the instrument design and layout, it makes me happy just sitting in it when I'm driving along at slowpoke speed.

yeah it is a nice car. but i still miss the msp pretty bad
Awesome find...gotta love that Turbo XS BOV. Mine kinda looks like that now with the Genpu MS3 wheels...just alot lower and the wheels are white. Sweet Ride

thanks man....and it will be lower one day

Clutch stuff above...

I've been doing a lot of reading on the various boards, and it seems like the OEM stuff is the most reliable for a regular daily driver that isn't making a bunch of extra power or seeing track use.

It also seems that when the clutch goes, it's pretty likely that the flywheel will also need replacement. Since our cars use a dual mass flywheel, it is very uncommon to get it resurfaced, and a few people suggest that depending on mileage it is best to just replace while you do the clutch, and save paying the labour charges again a little while down the road. Flywheel goes for about $1,000, which is the big parts cost. Clutch disc should be about $130, pressure plate about $180... other parts (if needed) should be under $100 a piece. Labour... I'm afraid to guess, but I'm assuming at least another $1,000.

Its not much fun to drop money on regular maintenance stuff like this, but it sure beats having a critical failure of some major part, so I'll consider myself lucky that I got to 100,000 miles (probably about 80,000 on this clutch, since the TSB was done before I bought it) without having to replace it.

i was trying to buy a set of those wheels last year, but i had no idea what they'd look like... looks pretty good...

as far as what i did today... i found and diagnosed a new powersteering leak... sadly the line thats leaking retails for $266 and appears as if it will be a huge pain to install... my brother has recently started working for a mazda delaership (while my father and i have recently moved to hyundai) so i may see how much he can get it for... except he lives 3/4 the way across the country so he'd still need to ship it to me...

i also noticed my rust issues taking over the car like a zombie apocolypse... so i think my plan of action is going to be, dump the car, cut my losses, and lease a new subaru BRZ

Dave, where are you rusting? Have you been getting undercoated for the winters? I am curious because I have had the coating done all but one winter since I got the car and I haven't noticed any rust, except a few small bits on the rear fender lip.

Took mine to the strip last night. Ran a 9 flat. My buddy thinks I could hit 8.7 1/8th....he also took my ap for tuning finally. He says it had the old off the shelf map. He updated and started working on it. Ordered my autotech hpfpi. Edge said they weren't getting them for 2 weeks so Im figuring I'll get them in roughly 3 weeks. Also making a restrictor for the turbo feed line this weekend. Cure the oil burning at idle. Fmic and meth coming soon.

Dave, where are you rusting? Have you been getting undercoated for the winters? I am curious because I have had the coating done all but one winter since I got the car and I haven't noticed any rust, except a few small bits on the rear fender lip.
rear 1/4's & dog legs, trunk lid, hood, front strut towers, and some small spots on the roof

Took mine to the strip last night. Ran a 9 flat. My buddy thinks I could hit 8.7 1/8th....he also took my ap for tuning finally. He says it had the old off the shelf map. He updated and started working on it. Ordered my autotech hpfpi. Edge said they weren't getting them for 2 weeks so Im figuring I'll get them in roughly 3 weeks. Also making a restrictor for the turbo feed line this weekend. Cure the oil burning at idle. Fmic and meth coming soon.

first i just glanced at your post and thought it said you took it to the strip club haha then after realizing to were at the drag strip it took a while to clue in that you were only running 1/8th mile

Ordered ssp egr delete, jbr rigs and a blockhead defroster gauge pod yesterday. Will be ordering a new pcv today from onlinemazdaparts.com. so once all of it gets here.....lots of things going down. Autotech hpfpi, fmic, meth, jbr tigs, egr delete, and a 20 psi perm tuning tune....

rear 1/4's & dog legs, trunk lid, hood, front strut towers, and some small spots on the roof

Wow, that's terrible. I know I've heard a lot about Mazda paint being thin, but that's excessive in any case. I can see if you had some paint chips from road debris, etc., in a few spots like I had on my hood and roof. I think I got most of them with touchup, so we'll see if that keeps the rust at bay.

I had hesitation/shutter. researched a lot about shutters with this car though I would stretch the coil springs, but It was just the water to bad I researched before I took it apart could not wasted a hour online :D. "I pressure washed my engine the day before" Time for a new coil that wont leak water or high temp sealant. Almost had a excuse to buy a ap, if it was a shutter from the coil springs... since people say the ap helps with the shutter/hesitations ...sadly it was just some water no ap yet, anyways my car is stock besides rmm, egr delete and occ dont really need it :)

All plans for Speed 6 are destroyed. Oil pump came loose (likely). Loss of oil and spun bearings. Looking for new engine or to build current one. Then the car will be sold. Such a loss.

I'm back!!

Sold the vette on Tuesday. Picked this up on Thursday. Spent about 10 hours detailing It inside and out. Changed the oil today. Feels great to be back in one of these. And the best part is its paid for. :)

Got to get the rear tires replaced next week. Looks like one of the bushings on the rear dif is shot. Ill replace those. The prosport gauges aren't working right, gotta get those straight. Other than that, the car is great!

8646671087_5af3f10564_c.jpg

8646666723_8bb41571d2_c.jpg

8646665469_f1202c5050_c.jpg

8647764378_8cd1dcc5cc_c.jpg

8646669085_07cc0b4321_c.jpg

8646670337_3ebd75523b_c.jpg

8646673471_e54bb74b46_c.jpg

So why did you sell the vett ( i haven't went back and read this thread in awhile) and what brought you back to a 6? And one of the best cars is a paid off car!

So why did you sell the vett ( i haven't went back and read this thread in awhile) and what brought you back to a 6? And one of the best cars is a paid off car!

It has been a money pit ever since I bought it. Everything that could go wrong pretty much did. It was nice for a while here recently. Until the transmission started leaking and gears started grinding and I could barely get it into reverse. Drivers side window started having problems. I said the hell with it. Was looking around for something else and found this car here local. The guy wanted a fair price for it. So I did the math and the money I could sell the vette for would pay that loan off and let me buy this car in cash. So that's what I did. Plus everything for the corvette is crazy expensive. I just couldnt take it as a daily anymore.

After looking through this car the only thing that needs to be done is 2 new rear tires, the center gauges need to check the wiring because they peg out. Maybe a bad power connection for the senders.. that and one of the bushings on the rear differential is shot. So I will get new solid bushings for that and upgrade the rear engine mount as well at the same time.... The clutch took a little bit to get used to from the vette. It is still a type-A. I need to do the clutch pedal adjustment. All those then a accessport and that will be pretty much it for me. Not going crazy on this car.

i added an xcarlink today. however, i wasn't able to make it work since my phone wouldn't read the music from their correct folder so tomorrow i'm getting a lil usb storage thingie.

Back