What have you done to your MS3 today?

Yea as always seems like it's just really the two of us anymore here. I ended up getting ready of the STI last month to focus more on the Speed and of course the Mx-3 is still patiently waiting to be put on the road or even touched lol.
I've think I've heard a couple people having problems with that hose I'll try to get a pic in the morning. I'm at work right now or would for you now. Unless I get a chance to sneak out and take some before it gets to dark. I here you on the heat though. I've had no motivation beside to rebolt/hang the exhaust the shop never bolted/hung. But according to them is probably driver error smh. Still have the HPFP internals and BSD/oil baffle to install. I need a garage lol.

Definitely will though and one of these days we need to get together!

I keep thinkin about the pulleys but have heard people before say bad things about lightweight pulleys on daily driven cars and the fact I haven't met or heard anyone running these pulleys makes me even more nervous lol.

No matter what else you do do the fuel pump.
The pulleys are dress up and have no value honestly.
Don't bother.
Its not crank or cam pulleys so does not affect rotating mass.
My goal was to get the car started this year. and possibly run down the street.
I think i can get there.

But getting the car up to 25lbs of boost, i might need help.
Reliability on the stock block is my goal

I just typed out this long-ass reply and Tapatalk freaked out for some unknown reason and cleared it all out... omg...

Active here. One of the few in the MSP forum. I'll be active here. Seems like m247 only has activity in the CX5 and 9 subforums these days.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I was going to check the plugs and cabin filters yesterday.. As well as a rattle from the rear, left of the vehicle with suspension travel, but never got around to any of it.. So, still gotta do that.

This car was known for the sway bar end links loosening up. Mine did the first week. I used blue loctite and then red to stop it.
Then i swapped out the rear bar for a hotchkis then added adjustable AWR links then changed to Tri point engineering rear sway. because it came in blue lol.

Check the links

I did get the Koyo secured Sunday and the main arteries plumbed in after some tweaking. Hood latch cable and switch plugged in. Main power to lights up front too.
Forgot where the power steering cooler goes and lost my instructions for my CPE FMIC. so gotta retrieve that info.
Loaded the new MAP sensor scaling into the race tune and did the updates to the Cobb v3. slowly, ever so slowly

This car was known for the sway bar end links loosening up. Mine did the first week. I used blue loctite and then red to stop it.
Then i swapped out the rear bar for a hotchkis then added adjustable AWR links then changed to Tri point engineering rear sway. because it came in blue lol.

Check the links
Having owned three Proteges over the past ten years, one being the MSP, I'm all too familiar with worn end links and to-frame bushings. Assumed it to be just that, checked and it was the left side to-frame bushing. Of course I'll replace them in a pair, but the links were fine. Having owned the car all of two weeks, I'm still enjoying it, getting more familiar driving it. Its a cross between my MSP and my RX8 in a way.

Still very torn between keeping it stock or modifying it. I don't want the MS3 to turn into the project the MSP turned into. Purchased it with the intent to keep stock, but that didn't happen....

With the MS3, quality parts are readily available at good prices. As well as the potential. With the MSP it wasn't like that.

We'll see.

Oh, yeah, I replaced my cabin filter(s).

Having owned three Proteges over the past ten years, one being the MSP, I'm all too familiar with worn end links and to-frame bushings. Assumed it to be just that, checked and it was the left side to-frame bushing. Of course I'll replace them in a pair, but the links were fine. Having owned the car all of two weeks, I'm still enjoying it, getting more familiar driving it. Its a cross between my MSP and my RX8 in a way.

Still very torn between keeping it stock or modifying it. I don't want the MS3 to turn into the project the MSP turned into. Purchased it with the intent to keep stock, but that didn't happen....

With the MS3, quality parts are readily available at good prices. As well as the potential. With the MSP it wasn't like that.

We'll see.

I recall when the Speed 3 had nearly nothing available. Cobb did not even have a tuning option, but were working on it. I had bought the cp-e standback. still have it ! with harness.
But let me know when you succumb. I have parts out in the garage lols
It really is a fine car when stock. great brakes !! and handles nice. Rear sway is almost a requirement for the gen 1. Goes from all under to controllable oversteer.

I think my first Mod was the Corksport Rear motor mount insert. Which did help shifting and wheel hop actually.

Enjoy the ride my Friend !

On my end. Attempted to mount the FMIC today and the dual Catch can routing project i did interferes !

Oh well . I expected some glitches with a wholesale change of parts.
I will cut and reroute the hot piping or move the cans again. so much for adding fluids this weekend!
Cheers Folks !

Assuming I go down that road, even the shortest bit, I'll at least to the following:

- Intake
- Turbo inlet
- Rear engine mount
- Fuel pump internals
- Upgraded TMIC -or- FMIC
- Accessport

I purchased the car, with two known issues- the clunk from the rear and smoke under hard acceleration, intermittently.

The clunk, I knew exactly what it was the second I drove the car. Previous own installed new OEM struts believing that to be the noise. He attributed the smoke to the turbocharger. I was unable to duplicate it during my road tests, allowed the car to idle for 30 minutes while we talked and no signs of smoking at idle. I've put ~750 miles on the car and, while I can duplicate it, I can't do so on command. It's always during WOT, but may do it twice on a 10 mile drive or not at all. Temperature doesn't seem to have any direct effect on it as temperatures have started touching the 60's in the morning and mid-90's by late afternoon. I do not believe it to be the turbocharger itself, but rather the PCV system. I have the old style valve cover and hose setup- I checked that first. I need to pull the charge piping and check for residual oil, but based on what I'm personally experiencing, and what I've read on the PCV system, it's a good chance that it's at least involved.

fuel pump and AP should be the first mods. and thats a fair amount of money. But worth the piece of mind before going any further.
The car runs super rich from Factory. And the PCV system had a Service bulletin come out at some point. I missed it. Some folks never had issues with the K04. and they are not expensive to rebuild.
Cheers

After going through a couple K04 turbos from abuse i moved up a bit on this build.
But i decided to go with a dual catch can system. A bastardized Permtune and Damond Motorsports concept and pieces for crankcase breathing in both directions.

Getting new tires and rear sway bar bushings this weekend.. Woohoo...

I went through two or three OEM GT2554R Garretts in the MSP, followed by an eBay journal-bearing GT2860, then an eBay GT2871 before finally just buying a Garrett ball-bearing GT28R. Was over-boosting the GT2554Rs so they didn't last long and the two eBay started pushing oil within a few thousand miles at 22psi/26psi. Car was crazy-retarded quick on 26psi.

This car got an OEM replacement around 100k and it's now at 174k- when I do replace it, I'd rather upgrade than go with OEM.

I want so badly to just order a bunch of aftermarket stuff when I receive by bonus this month, but I'll restrain myself.

Last edited:
Self discipline is something i wish i had. Bought Cobb springs which were very nice indeed, but ended up with K Sport Coilovers. Bought the ETS 3.5 TMIC , which kicked ass ( still have it ) but ended up with the cp-e FMIC. I have race pipe OEM and HF mid pipe. HF cat is what i am running now, Switched rear sway from Hotchkis to Tri point. switched end links twice too.
4th turbo. OEm then another used oem, then a modded OEM, now the CorkSport.
I have tried all kinds of front tires! Now on a 235 Direzza.
was running Nitto and might go back depending.

No discipline.

let me know if you need any parts. the ETS is a great modification.
It really is a fun car to drive. even if left stock

I ordered the tires and sway bushings this morning. Went with cheap Nankang tires because I just need something on the car that has tread, isn't dry-rotten and won't provide a full-body massage at highway speeds.

Opinion on the aFe Takeda Attack intake? Or know anyone running one?

Searched, but haven't found much on them.

^^^Liar liar pants on fire

Wrong sub-forum pizza boy, find another way home.

WTF are you doing in here?! Go on back over to the MSP lounge, hater! Dude, you need to buy that red MS3 in Atlanta on CL.

I ordered amber/yellow fog light bulbs...

Back