What have you done to your MS3 today?

Atmospheric is around 101kPa in absolute pressure (gauge pressure is silly, I don't like it), so anything less than 101kPa, or whatever your local atmospheric pressure is, is considered a vacuum. Anything above your local atmospheric pressure is considered boost.

Well....we are also talking about an "enclosed" system....so you cant really count for "your area". my guess is you mean whatever elevation you are at

by that logic, since i think that normal atmospheric pressure at sea level is near 15psi (sorry but **** kilopascals for the moment) then our car would never really reach "boost" since we are also near 15psi

granted, i didnt really google anything before this post, so im going by whatever is in the back of my skull

Well....we are also talking about an "enclosed" system....so you cant really count for "your area". my guess is you mean whatever elevation you are at

by that logic, since i think that normal atmospheric pressure at sea level is near 15psi (sorry but **** kilopascals for the moment) then our car would never really reach "boost" since we are also near 15psi

granted, i didnt really google anything before this post, so im going by whatever is in the back of my skull

I do mean your geographic location when I say "your area."

The intake pressure, as measured in absolute terms, is about 30psi. With gauge pressure (i.e. pressure over atmosphere) it reaches about 15psi. With my mods, I see about 215kPa manifold absolute pressure via my DashHawk, or about 30.9psia (absolute), which is about 16.2psig (gauge). I would say my car is "boosted 16.2psi" because the intake sees pressure 16.2psi greater that the atmosphere I'm driving in.

alright alright everyone calm the **** down

oakland, the turbo does not create boost based on rpm, its strictly controlled by your right foot

cruising i will see anywhere from -10 to -15 in Hg at 60 on a level road

remember the throttle plate is not wide open (unless you are going WOT....get it?)

the engine is turning fast with the throttle body nearly closed, creating a large vacuum, add more throttle, the plate opens more and the vacuum decreases

a NA motor will have 0psi/vacuum when going wot since it is wide open, we have a turbo shoving air down the motors throat as well

I realize that turbo boost is based on load (or right foot whichever you prefer) but i couldnt understand how there was still vacuum in any condition other than closed throttle plate or idle....even when the plate is barely open at a steady cruising speed with ultimately low load

the part that really confused me was that there is still vacuum in anything other than idle on a turbo car. ive never had a gauge or anything so i never really tested it out

I must have never truly understood all the vacuum parameters, regardless of NA or charged engines. Muh bad

and i was completely calm, you probably took notice of my "**** kPa"....didnt mean anything by it

I realize that turbo boost is based on load (or right foot whichever you prefer) but i couldnt understand how there was still vacuum in any condition other than closed throttle plate or idle....even when the plate is barely open at a steady cruising speed with ultimately low load

the part that really confused me was that there is still vacuum in anything other than idle on a turbo car. ive never had a gauge or anything so i never really tested it out

I must have never truly understood all the vacuum parameters, regardless of NA or charged engines. Muh bad

and i was completely calm, you probably took notice of my "**** kPa"....didnt mean anything by it

Hehe, I can appreciate that sentiment, no worries, I knew it wasn't anything personal.

find something that she spends money on unnecessarily

like 100000000000000 shoes

then argue you are ordering 15 parts for 1 car, you have 100000000000000 ricer mods for 2 feet

if she gives you this face

are_you_serious_female_ipad_case_speckcase-p176792545454217929z89os_400.jpg

then you have to walk out of the room immediately so you can declare victory

Can we photoshop a cock in her mouth? She's bangin'.

Its mainly highway but a lot of mountain roads so they are pretty steep. Im not looking forward to hearing the car go crazy on boost getting up the hills.
I smile inside when I hear it spool on cruise control, which it will do on modest inclines

^ So do I when I know it wont be sustained for a long period of time and not on a lot of boost.

Installed a Cobb tip and cleaned my intake filter. That needed to be done for quite some time. Now it needs to be washed!

Im surprised no one caught my my post of the wrong bulbs....im an idiot. i shoukd have known better than to listen to a pepboys worker

but, against my better judgement i took his word for it. didnt realize it till i had everything apart. it was so funny cuz when i was there last night i headed right for the booklet of bulb types when he said "you need some help?" i told him i was just looking for the bulb type

he told me he wouod be glad to look it up on his computer. whatever, i was having vision issues from the alcohol i consumed earlier anyway. so i told him "its a 2008 mazda, mazdaspeed3. the one with the turbo."

he asked "is it the hatch or sedan?" at this point i probably should have reenforced the "turbo" statement

he said they were H11 and went to the back and grabbed them for me. and now here we are

i guess had i not been inebriated i would have driven my car there instead of riding in the truck, then the last thing i would have done before even entering the store would have been to look through the owners manual for the exact bulb

his post says he's replacing the cheap HID with halogen. He has a sport. I baleeb they are H7.

oh lord i must not troll or post ***** enough lol

ive got a gt. ive been tinkering with HID retrofit kits for the fog lights, and i mean some cheap kits that you get in stores and vendors at car shows. they work great till about the 100th igniting, then they s***

i was hoping to have a nice 3k yellow HID independant foglight setup but it just never turned out that way. i had yellow at first without the indy setup, then they failed. so once i did the indy wiring i got around to ordering some 6k HID, then they strted to fail

so here we are. ive now gone back to halogen bulbs for the fog lights, and they are still independent

Back