What have you done to your Miata today?

Antoine,

If you follow the various gens, they seems to run for years.

NA 1990 - 1997
NB 1999 - 2005
NC 2006 - 2015
ND 2016 - ??

Get off the pot and buy any gen.

Antoine,

If you follow the various gens, they seems to run for years.

NA 1990 - 1997
NB 1999 - 2005
NC 2006 - 2015
ND 2016 - ??

Get off the pot and buy any gen.
I’m a bit concerned there may not be an NE..,or it may be some kind of hybrid 😬. With the partnership with toyota who knows what will happen.

Gotta say when it comes to Miatas, I like the NA and ND most...I wouldn't mind an ND with that 2.5T! We'll see, in no hurry and I'm also watching to see if Mazda offers a non-fwd 6 coupe with an inline 6. 🙂

Just turned 30k on my way to NC. Just pulled in to my daughters house, car ran great!...850 miles. Pic from my pit stop on 81.
Is there no such thing as a bad angle with the ND..? Looks sweet! (y)

Just got a chance for a drive yesterday. I’ve been watching the grand kids for a few days. Headed out to some local backroads for some spirited driving...then found a great nature preserve. Cool place, fishing, hiking trails and a raptor center, all 10 mins from the house!

Attachments

• 312831E9-D57F-412B-B69C-56616CF4D9E3.jpeg
    312831E9-D57F-412B-B69C-56616CF4D9E3.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 102
Happy to hear you are safe and sound and enjoying those grand kids Mark!

I have heard rumors the NE may be electric or partially electric. Maybe the electric-Wankel hybrid that has been rumored for a few years now? Personally, I hope they continue making it with the ICE. What fun is a sportscar with an electric hum?

Gone to bed for a short nap, I’ll be back in January to wake her.
ya, I can’t imagine driving a electric/hybrid Miata!

Attachments

• 74CBB4EA-6214-4B54-B16F-615332E7A02E.jpeg
    74CBB4EA-6214-4B54-B16F-615332E7A02E.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 103
Did you say noise Bruce?

My GWR Roadsterspirt Superstreet (SSST) arrived yesterday and I promptly had it installed. Left the baffle in last night, sound was much improved over stock but I wanted more. This morning, I removed the baffle....oh yeah! Now that is a proper sportscar sound!
20201030_151823.jpg
20201031_084117.jpg
20201031_084051.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Do you have anything in mind for the 3 Bruce? I am not up with mods for the newer 3's.

CURIOUS, how much louder is it over stock with the baffle?

Can't give you a percentage but will say it is louder when you want it to be. Louder on a cold start but then settles down once the engine warms up. While driving it has a nice tone and lets you know it is there when you hit the gas, that Hemholtz chamber really works well. Louder with top down vs. up and Tam rode with me baffle in/top up and had no complaints.

@Antoine, thank you. Yes it does improve performance, GWR's dyno and Grassroots Motorsports say it has peak gains of 8hp with 3-4hp across most of the RPM range. Plus it weighs in at 14lbs, about 8lbs less than the OEM muffler. Essentially it is a straight pipe with a small resonator just before the tip as well as the Hemholtz chamber to help reduce the drone.

https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1787.html

Thanks guys. Do you have anything in mind for the 3 Bruce? I am not up with mods for the newer 3's.

Corksport, Magnaflow, and Borla are the choices I'm aware of.

Corksport is the only one available, Magnaflow will have one soon and Borla's is still in the works.

Heard sound clips from Corksport and Magnaflow, like Corksport the best so far. Might buy that one.

Corksport, Magnaflow, and Borla are the choices I'm aware of.

Corksport is the only one available, Magnaflow will have one soon and Borla's is still in the works.

Heard sound clips from Corksport and Magnaflow, like Corksport the best so far. Might buy that one.

Three well known brands so up to which sound you like better. I liked the CS option for the P5.

Back