What have you done to your Miata today?

I just hit 40k miles. I drove it 8k miles this past year; normally I drive it 4990 miles to remain emissions exempt.

I couldn't do that man. I've gotta drive. I'm thinking that I'm going to buy a 2 when I get back from Beijing and spend most of my time driving that... just to keep some miles off of the MSM, and save money on gas. LOL.

lol yeah i wanna get the celica on the road to keep some miles off the 10ae...then again do i want to put miles on the Anniversary edition car orrrrr do i put the miles on the '77 with only 44k current miles....i think i need a 3rd car lol

More cars! That's why I'm justifying the 2. The Protege is rusting to s*** and will be paid off before I get home. Get rid of that fugger and replace it with a fun econobox that I can drive to work. I'll have close to 10k check waiting for me if I'm here for 4 months.

I just hit 40k miles. I drove it 8k miles this past year; normally I drive it 4990 miles to remain emissions exempt.
i just turned 40k as well, picked her up last oct with 27k...so i've put 11k on her in 7 months of driving
I couldn't do that man. I've gotta drive. I'm thinking that I'm going to buy a 2 when I get back from Beijing and spend most of my time driving that... just to keep some miles off of the MSM, and save money on gas. LOL.

haha...save gas!! i save gas driving the msm....my p5 gets about 26 and the msm about 28 on avg

I looked on google, and everyone said something different, but valve cover seemed to be the most common answer. I also asked my friend that's in auto tech school and he's like "wow, it's not supposed to be like that, man." Uh, I could have told you that, too...

Phen, how much of your mileage is due to your tune, though, too? It smells like gas should just be pouring out of the exhaust...

Last edited:
I vote valve cover gasket

Changed out the radiator in my '90 the other day after a rock or something went into it last weekend and caused a leak. Might have to get one of those high-flow grilles from Moss to prevent that from happening again.

I looked on google, and everyone said something different, but valve cover seemed to be the most common answer. I also asked my friend that's in auto tech school and he's like "wow, it's not supposed to be like that, man." Uh, I could have told you that, too...

Phen, how much of your mileage is due to your tune, though, too? It smells like gas should just be pouring out of the exhaust...

Umm... probably about half of it. I putt around town for the most part, but if I get into boost, AFR's drop into the 10's and sometimes the 9's at high rpms. So... more than likely, fuel is dribbling out the tail pipe. Hahaha.

replaced the slave cylinder...again. Lets see how long this master and slave last.

the moss grilles are nice the are great for catching the mutant Fl bugs when i have to go down there

Umm... probably about half of it. I putt around town for the most part, but if I get into boost, AFR's drop into the 10's and sometimes the 9's at high rpms. So... more than likely, fuel is dribbling out the tail pipe. Hahaha.

j00 get any fireballs?

Heh... ummm... yeah, kinda. Levi got one the size of a cantalope shot at him when he was following closely one day. I shot a nice sized one at some "drift" 240SX's leaving a local meet. My roommate got a crappy quality cell video with one being shot. Shot a nice sized one when getting on the highway, right in front of a really clean FB.

I get a few...

I took the caliper off and made sure the pads are moving freely and re-lubed the slide bolt things for the bracket. I got the front passenger side done and started on the driver side, but then the wrench slipped when the bolt broke free and I cut my hand on the fender and almost passed out. It was decently deep, I'm not usually squeamish.

Reason I was checking is because my brakes have been weak since I got the car, and I've got a fun run coming up in a few weeks and I want them to be there when I need them. I've got a '90; has anyone else noticed weak brakes on the earlier models? I researched it a bit and some of the magazine tests were pretty horrible as far as the 60-0 stopping distances. The pads have tons of life and the rotors are in great shape; everything looks recently replaced. I was able to bleed 3/4 brakes (air came out and pedal feel improved, but still not up to snuff), the other bleeder was stuck and I didn't want to break it. I'm not sure what else to check.

aMaff can probably shed some insight on this when he's able to get on the interwebs again. He's got knowledge on the early cars.

aMaff can probably shed some insight on this when he's able to get on the interwebs again. He's got knowledge on the early cars.

I remember he said they are good, I think he's only changed pads on his car. What pads are you running, valorum? The axxis/pbr ultimates made a huge difference to me.

i'm looking at new rotors, pads and lines. i'm thinking blanks, hp+ and goodridge lines (the car is being garage from here on out 5 days a week, only 2 days a week of job driving from now on)

i'm looking at new rotors, pads and lines. i'm thinking blanks, hp+ and goodridge lines (the car is being garage from here on out 5 days a week, only 2 days a week of job driving from now on)

axxis ultimates > hp+.....they handle more heat dont have nearly the cold weather issues hp+ has and are way cheaper

Back