What have you done to your Miata today?

Over the weekend we replaced the top on the '93. The top on the car was probably the original and was wearing thin in places with a cloudy window. We bought a top off someone who was converting a '97 into a caged track car. Theoretically it was supposed to be an easy swap: old one comes out, new one goes in, done and done. But the rain rail on the newer top was actually worse than the one that came out of the car, so I had to drill out all the rivets and swap those. The job's done even though it took way longer than it should have.

Suspension for the car has been ordered but delivery is at least a month away. That'll buy me plenty of time to soak the entire undercarriage in PB Blaster and make sure everything will come apart nice and easy so the installation is quick once everything shows up.

I considered tackling the clutch myself but I think I'm gonna wimp out and send it to a garage to do the job. Not a fan of paying for fixes that could very easily be DIYs but I live in fear of complications gumming up the works and winding up with a lawn ornament that needs a flatbed truck to get to someone to fix what I unfixed.

Clipped the rocker panel on a curb and broke a bunch of clips. Clips came yesterday and reattached the rocker panel.

I got the cables and cable clamps to whip up some cable inner door latches for my hogged out doors. Gonna have to find some time this week to take care of fabbing these up.

Are you back in the US yet? I has your door handles in my car. Let me know when you want to get them.. :D

I am, got back this weekend. I'll let you know. I've gotta get w/ Korey at some point to get tires on the VeeDub mounted, so I'll let you know when to get them to him. I'll be wanting to have those on the car before the event weekend after this if possible.

(yesterday) Lubed up the window regulators to correct the slow operation, and properly cleaned/lubed my door light switches.

i still dont think i have seen pics of the new miata chief. im not subbed to all the miata threads though. really... havent seen many pics of any of your cars.

attachment.php

which last page was that? i checked the last 2 and did not see.

and i check this at work sometimes, and the pictures are blocked, so i might have missed it earlier.

looks good chief. i like the color.

edit: i see now, it was not an embedded image.

Last edited:
Thanks, when I started shopping and saw this color, I was hooked.

I'm not sure what is going on with the new forum setup, normally when I attach pictures in vBulletin they appear as thumbs in the post. For some reason here they just show a title. Thanks tungsten for posting that up.

I'm not a big picture taker/poster, don't have a lot of good spots to take cool shots. Would love to find an old covered bridge, the Miata would look great with that as a backdrop. Should I finally buy us a good digital camera that might change.

Bought a painted stock gas filler door, looking into getting the front lip spoiler and windblocker off the same car (brain fart when I first wrote the company that is parting the car).

I picked up and installed the outer door latches this morning for the car. So now I've got these hideous flat-black w/ Red underneath doors with these shiny @$$ outer door pulls lol. Eventually, the doors will have to be painted, at least on the outside. Fortunately, they installed in a snap, which was nice. Very clever design on Mazda's part :)

Next I need to whip up the cable-pull system for the inside (so, you know, we can get out in a hurry if needed lol)

Back