What have you done to your Miata today?

You're gonna be sorry you asked, lol. It's really ugly, but it does everything that I wanted it to, which is start, run, run fast, shift well, and be fun as hell. I'm happy to say it does it all.

If you get really close to the screen and squint, you can almost make out the "Toyo Tire" sticker residue on the front fender. It's off a race car. Yeah, I'm that cool. It's lightweight, so that's why I care..

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

No one ever said that all projects were pretty. Neat. I know you have plans for it.

Well I have plans for a Miata, probably not this one. The frame has more "experience" than I'd like. This one is already getting my hands dirty, which is exactly why I got it. And for rwd, of course.

I'm planning on taking an autobody welding class this winter, so it looks like I'll have something to practice on...

Gotcha.

Well... when you're comfortable with the welding, we can attack the Protege's rear fenders too. hahaha.

killed the clutch master cylinder again...figured the cheap rebuild kit wouldnt last too long

Just picked up a functioning OEM cylinder from mazmart to slap on the car tonight

Nice. I'm catching up to you... Kinda. I'm only at 66k (I think), but I bought it 2 years ago with 40.

I need someone to take care of my car, so I made a thread on mocc

http://www.moccforums.com/forums/index.php/topic,21589.0/topicseen.html

(evil)

LOL. Your requirements are much more stringent than mine are for my MSM while I'm gone.

1. yeah... start it eventually
2. umm... make sure no animals s*** on it while it's in the garage
3. umm... You can drive it, but I know you won't, so just make sure you start it
4. Umm... I didn't get a chance to wash it before I left. Do you mind hitting it real quick?

Wow, I'll trade you, Matt. I'm about to roll 149k I think, and it's still roaring along, albeit with less of the frame than from the factory... Darn rust.

Soo, changed the spark plugs today, and found some oil on the threads of the plugs. That means time for a new valve cover gasket? The oil on the plugs was dirty/old oil, and the stuff on the dipstick is brand spankin new, so it's been there for at least a while.

Back