What have you done to your Miata today?

I have a receipt for the shocks and they were done when the last owner got the car two years ago...only 6,000 miles on them...they look really new as well...not sure what kind they were...I will have to look...

alright, trying to wire up HID's to my fogs

I have a relay harness running from the battery to give my low beam HID's the needed juice for initial fireup and they stay running

Now i ran a second relay to give the foglights the initial juice for start up and they work

but i can only run one or the other. . . . low beams or foglights, if i try both, one foglight cuts out and the low beams flicker like crazy

Both relays are using the same pos. wire coming off the battery, but have their own switched power source. . . .i'm stumped

Pics from yesterday after the detail:

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6517.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

nevermind, i just tapped into the relay box bolt for power for the foglight HID harness and we're good to go, as long as the car is running

Now i just gotta figure out how to move the foglights further apart. . .. i'll have to trim some bumper and metal to get em on the edges of the lower grille

dang dude, that car is lookin good!!!

i'm a huge fan of modded 10ae's. I've made a wheel choice. it's the wheel i wanted when i bought the car. its the wheel i come back to every time i look at wheels. i don't give a damn if its a knock off or not optimized for racing or not whatever. i'm going 16x8 +25 rota rb hyper black. gonna put a 215/45/16 on it and call it done. It's my car, i'm doing what i want :)

thanks for the compliments guys, my dad has been going out driving the car all day with my mom...now all i have been hearing is questions on how to get one lol

rob why 16"?

Last edited:
motor is now in 10000000000 parts, rods actually look a tad more beefy then what I expected, not nearly as large as what is going back into it though.

thanks for the compliments guys, my dad has been going out driving the car all day with my mom...now all i have been hearing is questions on how to get one lol

rob why 16"?

for looks.

Are you going to paint the lip? It would finish up your really clean car.

for looks.

Are you going to paint the lip? It would finish up your really clean car.

i dunno 16" seems too big for a miata but thats me i guess

and yes the lip is getting painted in june or july just wanted to make sure i like it and thats when i will have time to call my buddy and have him paint it.

Apparently i was just informed i have the 01+ center console, always found it odd mazda actually put useful cup holders in a car for once.

Me too on the 16s , but that's what he said elsewhere...I love 14s on NAs, if only there were more/better tire choices.

DSC_6288.jpg

i love a good fat 16 on an nb (ONLY on an nb). you can run a tire without a gigantic 50 series sidewall, and they fill the wells in, TO ME lol. i know the established logic of 15s and under. but i love a wide 16, low offset on an nb

I'm sitting in dead standstill bumper to bumper traffic but it sparked a question.

Would a heat extracting hood void out a cool breeze scoop?

seems like it would be counter productive. Also: you need to find what's hosed up in your coolant system. After MANY autocrosses on absolutely prohibitively hot days, I've never had the coolant needle budge from where it normally sits. If you're getting hot and NEEDING to run a 2nd fan (I don't even know where my A/C fan is...) just to keep it in a normal range, I still maintain something is very wrong.

Roger that.

Guess I need to get a drill and tap to get the theromstat replaced.

Other than that, I'd need another radiator.

But I still have the 1200 rpm idle/2k with a/c on

and the compressor clutch no longer kicks in

Back