What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

First time I've been in here for a while. Lots of good stuff still going on I see.

Taylor - car looks great. I've been keeping my journal thread updated with the latest stuff for the 5-0.

Any of you looked into the new TSB for the turbo smoke?

linky for your 5.0 thread?

39106584027_large.jpg
Put on the Lip Kit yesterday....Sorry about the quality of the crappy picture...Have to wash her and do a photo shoot with My Girl's camera

I got more pics here but not great pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3910658/2006-mazda-mazda6-mazdaspeed6-sport-sedan-4d/page-1

the vette is coming along great bro. i expect nothing less than that from you of course. keep it up man.

Thanks man! I am actually loving this thing more than ever now with the new look. Its turning a lot of heads on the road. Since I got some play money now too its time for a 3" exhaust. I am ordering a 3" x-pipe tomorrow with high flow cats. Then putting this baby on the dyno for a long awaited dyno tune. I am hoping it puts down 400 to the wheels.

First time I've been in here for a while. Lots of good stuff still going on I see.

Taylor - car looks great. I've been keeping my journal thread updated with the latest stuff for the 5-0.

Thanks Steve. I have added a link in my sig to the thread on my car. I just added new pics. :D

Last edited:
My progress thread is in my sig. Just click on the name of the car and it'll take you there. Right now I'm basically done with body mods, and debating on whether to go forward with the Boss 302 intake manifold, or just use that money towards the suspension overhaul. Other than that, once the weather warms up it's getting tint, Lamin-X front protection on the headlights and fogs, and the FRPP brake cooling kit.

I'm still working on getting track stuff together. Next on my list is some PFC-01 pads and a spare set of rotors for track day. Hoping to take it out late April-early May at the latest.

Yea. Sucks though. I would like to replace the whole rocker panel with a stock one and do the zo6 brake ducts. The scoop on these attracts rocks and chips all the time. I agree with you I am not a fan of the stuck on look but this is going to be a VERY pricey fix. Im talking thousands of dollars to get right. I cant see spnding that much money on one part of the car right now since it needs new cats and a tune. Id also go for new seats before I do that.

I figured it wouldn't be an easy (or cheap) thing to change. I'd be leaving them alone too at that cost.

Looks good zweet! I washed and detailed the car this evening. Gotta look good for my wedding tomorrow!

Congrats dude! I hope it all went well. I'm getting married this Saturday and the week can't go by fast enough.

Car should be coming home tomorrow with a new stock turbo, fixed VV Actuator.. Also received wheels and my tein springs in the mail (thanks to jorge).. Planning to put on springs and wheels next month..

new oil and filter yesterday. I went with penzoil full synthetic. i'm at about 35k now. any opinions on this type of oil? it's my first time using a full synthetic.

new oil and filter yesterday. I went with penzoil full synthetic. i'm at about 35k now. any opinions on this type of oil? it's my first time using a full synthetic.

I know someone will contest this, but IMO, a good filter is key. Synthetic is synthetic.

Yesterday I installed spin-on oil filter adapter and switched all fluid with Amsoil synthetic oils to the speed6.Wow the Amsoil octane booster is amazing.

Fram here, too.

As long as you're using synthetic, you'll be fine. The frequency of your oil change is more important than the oil used.

-Jay

I think its more important to use synthetic with the ms6. I dont think ive ever used it and im at 59k and never have had anything break or any other mechanical problems. I change about every 5k.

I think its more important to use synthetic with the ms6. I dont think ive ever used it and im at 59k and never have had anything break or any other mechanical problems. I change about every 5k.

correct. It's cheap insurance on any motor, but with a oil cooled turbo it is a must. I've never had an issue with Fram (I use a Mobil1 currently) but the break-down rate of cardboard (Fram) scares me lol. BUT I have never had a issue with them either.

Last edited:
Back