What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Went up to Crested Butte, CO today. Sadly plans changed a bit, and we went in buddy's XTerra instead of the CX-5. But hey have a few pics anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Love Crested Butte! And Wasted State,I mean Western State University in Gunnison. Fun times man,fun times...

Im looking to get the Interior Trim (The Piano Black) in my 2017 cx5 switched to real carbon fiber. I actually really like the wood metal trim pieces on the dash and the doors, wont be replacing those. Just waiting for someone to sell them now.

Would love to be able to replace the piano black trim with the wood metal trim.

On my 16.5 the center gray trim is irritating, its virtually black for 95% of the light conditions and then sometimes I see its not black. Mazda could have done something better there.

I've booked my car in to get a diesel tuning chip. Is anyone interested in a post installation report?

Enjoying the drive again today. In a bit of a decision reversal from last week or so, looks like we are keeping the CX-5 and will be letting go of the Speed3. The speed3 is fun, but the CX-5 is the better family vehicle, sad panda... Anyways, I've been driving in manual mode today and the easiest way to get around the low RPM low torque issue, is to stay on 1st/2nd gear until well past 3k RPM to avoid dipping below 3k RPM after shifting. There is quite a lot of torque in 1st and 2nd gear as long as you keep RPMs high. This is obviously harder to do in Drive mode because the transmission wants to upshift right away. Usually it would upshift to 2nd gear right away and RPMs drop below 3k.

I bought it :)
erEmxXG.jpg

Led licenseplate lights

Yesterday i placed the led lights T10 W5W 100 lumen, which i removed before trading in my 2012 Mazda CX-5.
In my brandnew CX-5 KF 2017.
Next project is to place some leds in the interiour.
But first i will buy a plastic interiour-toolset .

It really is; I'm in love :) Only thing left to do now is install railings, and tint the windows.
Railings? I would like to hear more about this!
....And Yes the car does look sensational in that picture... I love the way that color morphs depending on surrounding lighting.(band)

Back