What do you want changed on the 2010.5 MS3

top things I wanna see changed on the MS3 for 2010.5 model or 2011

no particular order

1. all wheel drive. I know it'll never happen, but come on, grow some balls and do it already.
2. Obviously change the front grill....Mazda has now become the joke of the industry thanks to this new smiley face. I'm not a fan of driving a car people laugh at.
3. Change the interior. I don't like this red nonsense throughout, way cheesy. Plain black leather would do just fine thanks.
4. Change the steering wheel with a less buck toothed look. Not a big deal but hey since I'm complaining..
5. Can you say moonroof? I could care less about bluetooth, and a gps that's too small, give me a sunroof and keep the "it effects handling " nonsense to yourselves because plenty of sports cars manage a sunroof just fine.....or can't your chasis handle it?
6. Bose again....really? and no standard MP3 via usb support in a car of this price range? WTF?
7. The alteeeeezzzaaa tail lights need to go.

Better yet, forget all of that and make a Mazdaspeed 6

Honestly, I don't hate the car, but it does need some serious changes or face the smiley jokes forever.

Last edited:
I'm still in the group that thinks it is ugly. I think they changed a lot of stuff that worked quite well in the previous versions. Moonroof was the only thing that had me on the fence when I bought the car. I miss having one.

Jeremy Clarkson put it best one time on Top Gear. Stating would you start looking at your wife and start loping bits off of her you dont like. I decided between the Speed3 and a 370Z. I chose the Speed3. Reasons it was a great looking car fast and cheap. It had kind of a big snoz on it but it still was a great looking car, had enough gadgets to keep you interested and when you turn it on, it returns the favor. Its like having a hot wife with either a big nose or small boobs you would still do her. You take the good and the bad. Bottom line it was a great car in the 1st gen and as well as the 2nd gen. Could have been like the new MK6 GTI apparently vDUB decided to leave the power the same and make it heavier (way heavier). When I had my MK5 GTI I swore it looked like a mini van from the back. Later.

Last edited:
I'm a car enthusiast regardless of brand and tried to be open minded with 2010 model but above points are valid. Rear and side nice but front is an eyesore even in person. Interior looks cheap as well. For those that have the pre 2010 Sport model know how nice interior is compared to reddish fadeaway to black theme all throughout in the new model. Performance improvements for new model is a definite plus. Too bad front exterior and 80's themed interior ruined the whole package. I try to find positive reasons to trade my 08 for it but negatives above always sway me away.

Couldn't agree more with above post. From the front, the car looks way less aggressive and the interior looks surprisingly cheap with the door/seat insert fabric. I too, was hoping in person it might look better, but it doesn't.

I disagree that the dar red / black fabric in the door and seat lessen the look of the 2010's. However, the couple of places on the dash that have the black/red plastic look horrendous. I'm sure someone will come out with some sort of aftermarket replacement panels for them so no worries there.

The front end blends well with the black MSP (which I own).

Nice car!

Newf, I'm not sure what you're talking about when you said it has no MP3 support... My base level Mazda3 i Sport has an AUX input.

My least favorite thing about the 2010 MS3 is the red/black pattern on the seats and door panels. The dash trim isn't too horrible, but I think all of it would look better in solid black. Not too crazy about the cloth material, either...seems cheap. Other than that, I love the car. I used to loathe the new styling, but it's grown on me so much over the last month. I still don't like the grille, though, which is why I got a black MS3.

1. Change the red fabric to something more appealing to the eye, while not making it look cheap and tacky.
  2. Adaptive and self-leveling HIDs like the GT edition in the Mazda3.
  3. LED tails with blacked out tail lights instead of Altezzas.
  4. Different shift knob that doesn't accumulate scratches as easily.
  5. USB port for the stereo.
  6. Blacked out area in the rear bumper like the 1st gens or the 2010 EDM model.
  7. And moonroof as an option for those of us who don't track or Auto-x regularly.

A new, non-smiling grille and taillights that are flush with the bodywork are all I'd need to really like this car. There's a red 2010 sitting in a parking lot I see every day on my way home from work. It's always parked so that I see the car's profile. What a handsome car. Those wheels are killer. Definitely DON'T change those.

I'm still in the group that thinks it is ugly. I think they changed a lot of stuff that worked quite well in the previous versions. Moonroof was the only thing that had me on the fence when I bought the car. I miss having one.

+1, the 2010 are slowly creeping up and filling up the streets of my city but what I noticed mostly in dark colours, what a way to kill the car's curviness though, about the only thing I could appreciate, my opinion hasn't changed since, great design simply shattered by the 2010. "Y SO SRS" lol I'd pay someone to get that licence plate!

2010 Appearance

For 2010, I think Mazda took one of the best performance values in history and destroyed it in the styling studio. I looked at a sport model today on a dealer lot, and I hated it from the front (what idiot would design such a grille?) and the side (no-nonsense, clean simplicity of earlier design is gone). I was ambivalent about the back. The hood scoop doesn't look good either.

If I buy one of these cars, it will be a 2008.5 or 2009. With its revised 2010 styling, this car no longer appeals to me.

Just fix all the 1st year model bugs and get the Grand Touring trim for the US. All the performance improvements done from its 2009-2009.5 predecessor make it worthy already.

AWD would be great, but will kill the price point is in now (dunno)

I agree with a few points

top things I wanna see changed on the MS3 for 2010.5 model or 2011

no particular order

1. all wheel drive. I know it'll never happen, but come on, grow some balls and do it already.
2. Obviously change the front grill....Mazda has now become the joke of the industry thanks to this new smiley face. I'm not a fan of driving a car people laugh at.
3. Change the interior. I don't like this red nonsense throughout, way cheesy. Plain black leather would do just fine thanks.
4. Change the steering wheel with a less buck toothed look. Not a big deal but hey since I'm complaining..
5. Can you say moonroof? I could care less about bluetooth, and a gps that's too small, give me a sunroof and keep the "it effects handling " nonsense to yourselves because plenty of sports cars manage a sunroof just fine.....or can't your chasis handle it?
6. Bose again....really? and no standard MP3 support in a car of this price range? WTF?
7. The alteeeeezzzaaa tail lights need to go.

Better yet, forget all of that and make a Mazdaspeed 6

Honestly, I don't hate the car, but it does need some serious changes or face the smiley jokes forever.

After looking at the new one several times I'd say that the interior red dot treatment is the least appealing of the new design. Time to just have a jet black interior with maybe some gray or silver highlights. Red stiching on the seats and other leather bits would be all you need to differentiate it.

I also second the need for a real USB interface ala ford sync.

I also agree that the 08 interior's color choices are much classier and subdued and the seats and plastics feel richer and of higher quality. I saw an 08.5 and thought my gray fabric inserts looked nicer and felt of better quality than the alacantra. I also didn't care for piano black inserts, though I would consider changing out the titanium plastic inserts on the stereo stack with the base matte black samples. Maybe a junk yard has some. The only thing I would change on my 08 is that damned balnk space on the stereo that is used for the optional tape deck. I'd also like Bluetooth. Otherwise I think the new body work is risky but very different from most of the cookie cutter designs out there. And BTW the grille is a functional design, not some paste on.

I would buy the 10.5 if the interior was changed to what I said above.

Last edited:
My suggestions since performance part was already taken care of:

1) Use regular Mazda 3 front bumper which looks pretty good actually.
2) Soften hood scoop lines, too linear for the rest of the body which has mostly curvy lines or just put it back in the grill with no hood scoop.
3) Use standard black interior with red stitching similar to 07-09 Speed 3 Sport versions.
4) Add some black diffuser type look to the rear as in 07-09 Speed 3 models or something similar like 370Z or Genesis coupe.

EX-Mazda_Mazdaspeed3_2010_lfq-590.jpg

2) Soften hood scoop lines, too linear for the rest of the body which has mostly curvy lines or just put it back in the grill with no hood scoop.

Except that getting rid of the hood scoop would actually hinder some of that performance. I think the hood scoop looks great, and is one of the only things I originally liked about the new design at first.

maybe add Crystal White Pearl to the US color lineup? I would snatch one up if they were here. now im either waiting for the white here or getting grey

1) Use regular Mazda 3 front bumper which looks pretty good actually.
3) Use standard black interior with red stitching similar to 07-09 Speed 3 Sport versions.
4) Add some black diffuser type look to the rear as in 07-09 Speed 3 models or something similar like 370Z or Genesis coupe.

EX-Mazda_Mazdaspeed3_2010_lfq-590.jpg
I agree with you. Other than that I would like to change the fog lights to a better looking one. 2010 Mazda 3 fog lights look more upscale than in MS3 (square-ish vs. circle), and 07-09 MS3 fog lights are far more advanced looking than in 2010 MS3.

Better yet, just release the GT model already with HID.

Latest posts

Back