What do you put in the cubby above the hood release?

(yawn)
Who are all these people flossing and driving? That sounds even worse than texting and driving.
(boom01)

On my 2015 AWD, Anything I put into the cubby before the NAV install was ejected upon launch.

I really am shocked that Mazda did not do something with this leftover appendage on the 2016 models, as now there is really no purpose for it.

The best thing I can think of is to attach a plastic door to the cubby to give it a lid.

Or perhaps mold/3D print an item that would push into the cubby to enhance the usability.(stoned)

Yeah I'm debating maybe some velcro or installing a magnet on the underside.

On my 2011 cx-9, it's actually a little flip-out compartment. Loonies and toonies for the parking meter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was in the dealer for an oil change a few weeks ago I sat inside a new CX5 and the cubby hole had a flip down door attached to it. Seems to be a running change? I forgot to look at the sticker sticker to see if it was a early 2016.5

When I was in the dealer for an oil change a few weeks ago I sat inside a new CX5 and the cubby hole had a flip down door attached to it. Seems to be a running change? I forgot to look at the sticker sticker to see if it was a early 2016.5

I'd love to retrofit that onto my early 2016.

Home depot - smallest 1/2-in or less thick rubber - black, cut to HALF size. Bottom portion, double sided adhesive and attached to dash. 2 sides - double sided velcro. Reach into the gap as it's half or 3/4 size, retrieve the coins. Total cost: $1. Almost as good as factory finish and now I can keep coins without having them all over my mat....

Back