what do you guys think?

Kaps

Contributor
:
CX-5 Touring 2016.5
Hi all.
Usually I am on the cx5 section. Asking for opinions
Looking at used 6 touring with Bose audio 18 k miles 2016 for 17.5k usd ... Out of door 19000.
How do you think the deal is?
Reliability for 6?
Resale or trade in value in the future
Thanks

I think the out the door price is ok and fair. Not a smoking hot deal in my opinion. Now the $17.5k price out the door would be a great deal in my opinion. Reliability of modern Mazdas all seem to be good. Resale on a 4 door mid-size sedan is what it is. It's the most popular car segment so yea, we will get hit with depreciation. I tend to keep cars a long time so I don't care about depreciation much. Had a VW Beetle for 12 years, VW Eurovan for 11 and I don't anticipate selling my 6 before the 10 year mark. For people who keep cars 10+ years depreciation doesn't really come into the buying equation.

We looked at a 2015 Touring-No options with around 12,000 miles in our recent search. It was pretty flawless except it had an odor. They had it down to $16,000 last I checked after a long time on the market. It probably went for $15,000 or so. Thus, I would say the price you have is fair for a 2016 with Bose. As always, patience might net you better. However, used inventory in the Ohio Valley (our woods) was pretty spotty in the last quarter. We didn't find much to look at and went with a 2017 new. Best of Luck.

Mike

Hi all.
Usually I am on the cx5 section. Asking for opinions
Looking at used 6 touring with Bose audio 18 k miles 2016 for 17.5k usd ... Out of door 19000.
How do you think the deal is?
Reliability for 6?
Resale or trade in value in the future
Thanks

That's a good deal. Reliability is similar to the CX-5 because its the same engine/tranny/electronics although the 6's has some minor improvements over the CX-5. Center BOSE speaker has a larger magnet, possibly slightly more powerful BOSE amp, has vent knobs the CX-5 lacks. It has lit door bottoms (older CX-5 lacked this, not sure of newer ones). A lot quieter on the freeway imo. The one noticeable difference is that the CX-5 has much better visibility than the M6 because of higher clearance.

Back