What did you pay for your CX-5?

Some updates, I have three offers for a CX5 signature.

1. MRSP $39,300. Costco price 37,400 (4.8% discount). Plus $400 "theft deterrent fee", $150 doc fee, $507 title and license, $4046 tax. OTD $42,500. The salesman claims that all dealerships have this theft deterrent fee, they just aren't up front about it. Lectured me about the chip shortage and how they can't "give away" cars. Red flags everywhere. Pass for me. This was Dougs Lynwood Mazda.

2. MRSP $39,700. Costco price + discounts $36,760 (7.4% discount). Plus $150 doc fee, $640 in license and title, and $3900 in taxes. The OTD price was $41,480 and they knocked off a little more somewhere in the deal for final OTD $41,000.

3. MRSP $38,680. No costco discounts. I do not have a break down but they said they would do OTD $40,000 which was my first offer and sent me the link to the vehicle.

I'm torn. Although I need a car in the next 2-3 months, I can wait. It's hard for me to justify paying the extra few thousand just because of the current car market. I would consider option 3. What do you think? I haven't seen too many Signatures posted on here within the past few months, although they were mostly in the same ballpark as me minus one person in Georgia who got one for $34800 after discounts.

Update and unfortunately a bad one.

I had negotiated via email a total out the door price of $40,000 with Walkers Renton Mazda in Renton WA. I confirmed twice via email on the price to ensure I didn't waste my time going to the dealership. Well, it turns out they wouldn't honor the price at the dealership. I had to deal with a different sales person who insisted that the other sales person did not agree to my price. My last email said "Just to confirm, I will be getting a 2021 CX5 signature with floor mats, roof rack, and cargo cover for $40,000 out the door including all taxes and fees". The salesperson responded with "yes". Apparently because they did not say "yes, I agree to $40,000" that the email meant nothing.

It was an awful experience. There was a woman trying to buy a CX30 beside me who ended up storming out upset. I only heard parts of the conversation but two young salesmen were trying to get her to buy a demo with a few thousands miles for MRSP. She was smart enough to deny the offer multiple times. I don't know if it was the age difference (she was in her 50-60s) but their tone was condescending as if she knew nothing. Multiple sarcastic unprofessional comments to her. At one point the two salesmen walked around the corner away from her but right beside me and started saying awful things about her.

So yeah, avoid Walkers Renton Mazda as they aren't honest and apparently unprofessional as well. I emailed Mazda USA although I imagine nothing will come of it. I won't be buying a CX5 despite loving the car. I was cross shopping the X3 and XC60, which I know is odd but I've had good experiences with BMW. I was hoping to change it up and get a CX5. Unfortunately, there were no deals near me and after dealing with 5 dealerships, my experiences were not great. It was not meant to be. However I'm happy for those of you who bought one at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately Mazda can't help you. Dealerships are considered simply a distributor and can do what they want. It would be like complaining to Pringles for an unhappy experience you had at Kroger

I'm not saying it would help, but call the dealership, and ask the receptionist for contact information of the owner

2021 CX-5 GTR OTD $36,763 Harford County, MD area

Baby had 4 miles on it. The all weather mats, and couple other bonuses they made it sound like. Are the roof racks not on all models? Even filled it with premium for me.

Also is anywhere else doing “freight charges”? To get the car here from Japan apparently. That was $1,100.

Good, mature, self control move. You'd kick yourself if it got that first chip before you got it wrapped. I made my appointment, drove it home, did an IronX treatment, then straight to the PPF guy.

Thanks! I live close to the ocean too which adds another layer of hazard to combat so after all the cars I've gone through I think I have finally got it right. Unfortunately the guy I go to is incredibly busy so I had to schedule it a month out.

Update and unfortunately a bad one.

I had negotiated via email a total out the door price of $40,000 with Walkers Renton Mazda in Renton WA. I confirmed twice via email on the price to ensure I didn't waste my time going to the dealership. Well, it turns out they wouldn't honor the price at the dealership. I had to deal with a different sales person who insisted that the other sales person did not agree to my price. My last email said "Just to confirm, I will be getting a 2021 CX5 signature with floor mats, roof rack, and cargo cover for $40,000 out the door including all taxes and fees". The salesperson responded with "yes". Apparently because they did not say "yes, I agree to $40,000" that the email meant nothing.

It was an awful experience. There was a woman trying to buy a CX30 beside me who ended up storming out upset. I only heard parts of the conversation but two young salesmen were trying to get her to buy a demo with a few thousands miles for MRSP. She was smart enough to deny the offer multiple times. I don't know if it was the age difference (she was in her 50-60s) but their tone was condescending as if she knew nothing. Multiple sarcastic unprofessional comments to her. At one point the two salesmen walked around the corner away from her but right beside me and started saying awful things about her.

So yeah, avoid Walkers Renton Mazda as they aren't honest and apparently unprofessional as well. I emailed Mazda USA although I imagine nothing will come of it. I won't be buying a CX5 despite loving the car. I was cross shopping the X3 and XC60, which I know is odd but I've had good experiences with BMW. I was hoping to change it up and get a CX5. Unfortunately, there were no deals near me and after dealing with 5 dealerships, my experiences were not great. It was not meant to be. However I'm happy for those of you who bought one at a reasonable price.
Sorry to hear that. Before I was able to find the right Mazda 3 Turbo for my wife, we went through a few dealers as well, and two in particular stood out as being slimier than the others. I understand that the auto business is tough right now but treating your customers like they're dumber than rocks is not a smart move. I love Mazda but if they want to really want to go premium, they should standardize their dealership experience a la Lexus.

2021 CX-5 GTR OTD $36,763 Harford County, MD area

Baby had 4 miles on it. The all weather mats, and couple other bonuses they made it sound like. Are the roof racks not on all models? Even filled it with premium for me.

Also is anywhere else doing “freight charges”? To get the car here from Japan apparently. That was $1,100.
Freight charges are from the factory on the monroney window sticker on the car. As long as you didn't pay it TWICE like some scam dealers try to do, you are paying a legit charge on the sticker.

Freight charges are from the factory on the monroney window sticker on the car. As long as you didn't pay it TWICE like some scam dealers try to do, you are paying a legit charge on the sticker.
I honestly didn’t look at the sticker price. But feel like I got out the door at a good enough price, plus they brought it up well before we negotiated the car price down, that I doubt they up charged it.

I honestly didn’t look at the sticker price. But feel like I got out the door at a good enough price, plus they brought it up well before we negotiated the car price down, that I doubt they up charged it.
Wait a minute are you telling us that you didn't look at the sticker price and didn't know what the MSRP of the vehicle is?

Just a note to others, please don't do this. Dealerships love "what's my OTD price" because it dovetails with "what's my monthly payments", which they love, love, love, love, love.

Just a note to others, please don't do this. Dealerships love "what's my OTD price" because it dovetails with "what's my monthly payments", which they love, love, love, love, love.
I went in with the mindset of what I was willing to pay, based on the csr’s msrp and what different websites considered a good price. And always go with my own financing. Which they don’t find out until the very end. None of their damn business what my budget is.

I knew what the MSRP was and knew what their “online price” was. When I hear sticker price I think of the paper stuck in the window of the car.
Well, that is what MSRP is. It's the one from the factory, not any garbage paper the dealer sticks on.

Bought a 2019 CX-5 GTR w/AWD on 7/28. It was a lease turn in after 24months.
Paid $31,775 $35,612 OTD

I think I could have done a little better, but dealer wouldn't budge. I tried to get roof rails included and they wouldn't consider it.

It has tint on the front 2 windows and a tint strip on the windshield. I do love the car and it is in great condition.

Bought a 2019 CX-5 Signature for $45K after taxes + extended warranty. I paid sticker because a) they had the red signature I wanted on the lot b) wasn't in the mood to haggle. So sue me.

Bought a 2019 CX-5 Signature for $45K after taxes + extended warranty. I paid sticker because a) they had the red signature I wanted on the lot b) wasn't in the mood to haggle. So sue me.

Hey, as long as you are happy with the purchase, go nuts! It's your money, after all.

Glad you were able to find the car you wanted!

Back