What did you pay for your CX-5?

You have to be very firm with some of these salespeople, sometimes on the verge of being rude. I got all my quotes over e-mail but they sure do want to talk to you on the phone and get you to come in to their dealerships. They want to dazzle you with the shinny new cars and balloons (do balloons really sell cars?). Don't forget about the free bagels! Dealers count on the emotional impact that seeing all those pretty cars has on a potential buyer. That's why doing it over e-mail is an advantage. It takes some time and you have to be patient though. Frustration is the main emotion felt doing it this way though... Some people are VERY stupid and have no idea how to be straightforward in dealing with a potential customer.

I have a list of very good quotes on the CX-5 that I want. Wednesday will be the day that I go out in person and have a look at potential dealerships that have given the top three best prices and see what happens.

I've searched high and low and I can't find anything out there about a Mazda $500 Auto Show incentive (maybe its regional?). I've found mention of a $250 incentive connected to the auto show but it looks like one of those BS come ons to me as they want my contact info before they tell me about this incentive. Right.

I've searched high and low and I can't find anything out there about a Mazda $500 Auto Show incentive (maybe its regional?). I've found mention of a $250 incentive connected to the auto show but it looks like one of those BS come ons to me as they want my contact info before they tell me about this incentive. Right.

For me, since I'm in a LA area, it's for the LA Auto Show. They have it every year around this time for about a week or two.

Are most people these days getting at least $1,000 just from promos/discounts?
For me it should be 2016.5 CX-5 $500 purchase bonus, Mazda Loyalty $500 bonus, and LA Auto Show $500 bonus.
But now that I think about it, the last invoice they showed me only showed $1,000 in rebates whereas I'm pretty sure an earlier one had $1,500 (all 3 listed above).
They probably moved some numbers around to bring it down to the final OTD offer.

I'll probably have them double-check and add that $500 back in or at the very least throw in the retractable cargo cover + floor mats (starting to get rainy) before we have a deal.

I am looking for a 2016.5 GT AWD with Tech package.

MSRP $31,925

I am in the bay area and a dealer just sent me a quote over email which seems pretty compelling.

$27847 plus tax, dmv and $80 doc fee

Should be around $30.5K OTD

I do not need the car in a hurry. Do you think I should wait towards the end of the year to put more pressure on the dealer to go further down or is this really good considering the new model was just announced.

Nixbox - you mention $27,847 but then later mention $28,847. Will you please confirm the correct price? I have been looking at the same model (16.5 GT AWD w/tech) and I'm having a hard time getting below $30k. My goal is below 28k. At this point if I can't get below 28, I'll just wait for the 2017. Knowing your correct price would be very helpful. Thanks!

Nixbox - you mention $27,847 but then later mention $28,847. Will you please confirm the correct price? I have been looking at the same model (16.5 GT AWD w/tech) and I'm having a hard time getting below $30k. My goal is below 28k. At this point if I can't get below 28, I'll just wait for the 2017. Knowing your correct price would be very helpful. Thanks!

Yo, read my posts carefully :)

Here is the paraphrased version:

The price will be $27,847 if I went with Mazda Standard Financing (3.9% APR over 60 months). I find that stupid since according to a rough calculation I will save $1000 upfront but pay $3000 dollars over 60 month period.

The price will be $28,847 if I went with 0% APR financing mainly because the two Standard Financing related incentives (each worth $500) would not apply anymore.

You have to be very firm with some of these salespeople, sometimes on the verge of being rude. I got all my quotes over e-mail but they sure do want to talk to you on the phone and get you to come in to their dealerships. They want to dazzle you with the shinny new cars and balloons (do balloons really sell cars?). Don't forget about the free bagels! Dealers count on the emotional impact that seeing all those pretty cars has on a potential buyer. That's why doing it over e-mail is an advantage. It takes some time and you have to be patient though. Frustration is the main emotion felt doing it this way though... Some people are VERY stupid and have no idea how to be straightforward in dealing with a potential customer.

I have a list of very good quotes on the CX-5 that I want. Wednesday will be the day that I go out in person and have a look at potential dealerships that have given the top three best prices and see what happens.

Good luck bro. Please keep us updated on your hunt.

Good luck bro. Please keep us updated on your hunt.

Thanks! I'll be gearing up to do battle Wednesday morning. (boom06)

I have three quotes for the CX-5 that I want all under $31,500 out the door, before any incentives. I also have another dealer (that I actually like the best) that says to visit him last tomorrow and he'll beat any deal that I have.

The price will be $27,847 if I went with Mazda Standard Financing (3.9% APR over 60 months). I find that stupid since according to a rough calculation I will save $1000 upfront but pay $3000 dollars over 60 month period.

The price will be $28,847 if I went with 0% APR financing mainly because the two Standard Financing related incentives (each worth $500) would not apply anymore.

You know that you can take the $500 incentive for the standard rate financing and then pay the loan off (of course you have to have the cash to do so) in three months? That's what I plan on doing.

My bad! :) Between all the dealer emails and reading on here, my brain is fried. Thanks for clarifying!

Hi all,
I'm looking at a 2016.5 CX-5, iActive and Tech, gray or black. I'm getting a quote from a dealer over email. MSRP $33,480, quote is $30,326? Looks like a 9.4% discount. Does that look good?

This is not the OTD cost, still have to tack on the title fees and tax (NJ 7%).

Thanks in advance.

Judging by the posts in thread, anything around 10% seems like a good deal. 7.5% should be doable for all and anything above 10% is really good.

Hi all,
I'm looking at a 2016.5 CX-5, iActive and Tech, gray or black. I'm getting a quote from a dealer over email. MSRP $33,480, quote is $30,326? Looks like a 9.4% discount. Does that look good?

This is not the OTD cost, still have to tack on the title fees and tax (NJ 7%).

Thanks in advance.

If you're trying to compare quote amounts you have to know what was included and what was not. Have any incentives been applied to that total? Was the financing incentive applied, even if you're not going to finance? Don't take anything for granted with these salesmen...

Good catch

If you're trying to compare quote amounts you have to know what was included and what was not. Have any incentives been applied to that total? Was the financing incentive applied, even if you're not going to finance? Don't take anything for granted with these salesmen...

Good catch, it includes the loyalty discount ($750), and a $500 cash back which I thought I was going to add in on top of this. So that's all fine but it also includes a $500 military discount that doesn't even apply to me. Still a fairly good price I think and they're saying they will beat any competitors price by $300.

Good catch, it includes the loyalty discount ($750), and a $500 cash back which I thought I was going to add in on top of this. So that's all fine but it also includes a $500 military discount that doesn't even apply to me. Still a fairly good price I think and they're saying they will beat any competitors price by $300.

The loyalty discount is $500 not $750.

I had planed on visiting several of the dealers on my list today but last night I got an offer that I may not be able to refuse. With a great out the door price and all of the incentives I'm eligible for the CX-5 that I want will be discounted from MSRP by slightly over 13%. I'm going to visit this dealer first today. I'll give you all the numbers after I get them in writing.

You know that you can take the $500 incentive for the standard rate financing and then pay the loan off (of course you have to have the cash to do so) in three months? That's what I plan on doing.

Yup, I understand that. However, I do not want to pay all cash :)

Also, I do not want to pay interest for religious reasons.

So, the best compromise is the 0% APR option.

Yup, I understand that. However, I do not want to pay all cash :)

Also, I do not want to pay interest for religious reasons.

So, the best compromise is the 0% APR option.

'religious reasons'? That's the same reason that I wanted the $500 financing incentive. (naughty)

Back