What did you pay for your CX-5?

that sounds like a really good deal. I just got a quote from a dealer for the exact same setup, 26550, and that's without taxes(10% here in Washington State) and doc fees. And I'm 26 and also a first buy, so nice to see there are people in my age with similar taste in cars lol

FYI: Taxes are 8.5% if you buy up in Burlington/Mt Vernon

FYI: Taxes are 8.5% if you buy up in Burlington/Mt Vernon

Sounds like there are quite a few people in the PNW. I was wondering which dealership everyone would recommend. I was extremely underwhelmed by the service at Walker Renton Mazda. I like the idea of going up to Burlington to save a few hundred on taxes, but sometimes the larger dealerships can give better prices because they sell many more cars.

Sounds like there are quite a few people in the PNW. I was wondering which dealership everyone would recommend. I was extremely underwhelmed by the service at Walker Renton Mazda. I like the idea of going up to Burlington to save a few hundred on taxes, but sometimes the larger dealerships can give better prices because they sell many more cars.

yeah i'm wondering about that also. I talked to a sales rep from Walker Renton Mazda and i could tell he was lying as he was trying to get me to do a deposit. Maybe Lee Johnson's in Kirkland is a better option?

Hey guys, new member here. This is my first Mazda. I sold my 2006 Audi A3 and took delivery on Monday for a 2016 Deep Crystal Blue Mica AWD GT for $30,953 + TTT with:

• tech
  • i-activesense
  • parchement leather
  • cargo cover
  • wheel locks

Hey guys, new member here. This is my first Mazda. I sold my 2006 Audi A3 and took delivery on Monday for a 2016 Deep Crystal Blue Mica AWD GT for $30,953 + TTT with:

• tech
  • i-activesense
  • parchement leather
  • cargo cover
  • wheel locks

That has to be below invoice, no? How did you get such a good deal? Looks like MSRP should be right around $34,000 for that vehicle the way you got it equipped. Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? That's about what I'm willing to pay but in order to get that price I think I'd have to give up the I-Activsense package. If I could get that price OTD with the I-activsense and tech then I would definitely get the I-active sense and tech package.

• tech
  • i-activesense
  • parchement leather
  • cargo cover
  • wheel locks

That's a great deal. Is the parchment leather an option you pay for or just something yours came with?

Last edited:
That's a great deal. Is the parchment leather an option you pay for or just something yours came with?

I was lucky. I came in at the end of the month. I was originally looking for a Red GT AWD with just tech. There weren't any dealers with that car, so my second option was the Deep Blue Mica. I went through USAA/True Car car buying service. I was given a guaranteed offer of $30,953 for a GT AWD w/tech. The sales person came out with a fully loaded GT AWD Deep Blue Mica to test drive (the car I purchased). We came back to the table and I was planning to walk out since they didn't have the exact car I wanted. He must've wanted to close the deal because he said, my sales manager will give you the car for the price of the GT AWD w/tech since it's the end of the month. I kept it cool and wanted to go down to $30K flat with all weather mats. He wouldn't budge but he gave me free oil change for the lifetime of the car. OTD was $34K (around MSRP) and I put $4K down.

So you didn't really get that great of a deal then. You made it sound like you bought the car for 31k when you actually paid 34k. You just financed 31k. The 4k that you put down still counts towards the price.

So you didn't really get that great of a deal then. You made it sound like you bought the car for 31k when you actually paid 34k. You just financed 31k. The 4k that you put down still counts towards the price.

It sounded like $30,953 was the base price and then it was $34,000 after taxes, title and all. The difference in mine was about $2,500 so I'm not surprised at a $3,000 difference in base price and final OTD price.

It sounded like $30,953 was the base price and then it was $34,000 after taxes, title and all. The difference in mine was about $2,500 so I'm not surprised at a $3,000 difference in base price and final OTD price.

Oh yeah ok that makes sense. So he still got a really good deal.

Yes exactly. The invoice for this car with the options is around $32,300 (based on edmunds). So the base price that I was negotiating from is still below invoice. NJ tax is about 7%, and then add the other fees.... Sorry to mislead anyone.

How were you able to get so far below invoice?

The car buying service through USAA gives me a guaranteed price that the dealer must honor. USAA sent me a car buying certificate. Only several dealerships in my area will honor it. The $30,953 price is what I was guaranteed for a GT with tech only (invoice $31,054 ~ edmunds). So I was already starting at a number below invoice. In essence, the dealer gave me the car for the price I was guaranteed for a GT with tech only.

Just picked up new 2015 Sport 6MT, MSRP $22,445, paid $18,999. Price was $19,999 - 1000 conquest rebate (had another suv in household).
That price doesn't include taxes, doc fees, registration, title

Yes bare bones car. What's nice is I can update radio to a nice android unit, replace speakers + add powered subwoofer, then get Katzin leather + heated seats ($1300 initial quote),
to get car with features I want.

I'm cheap so wanted to keep total cost for new car low.

Just picked up new 2015 Sport 6MT, MSRP $22,445, paid $18,999. Price was $19,999 - 1000 conquest rebate (had another suv in household).
That price doesn't include taxes, doc fees, registration, title

Yes bare bones car. What's nice is I can update radio to a nice android unit, replace speakers + add powered subwoofer, then get Katzin leather + heated seats ($1300 initial quote),
to get car with features I want.

I'm cheap so wanted to keep total cost for new car low.

Wait so you can replace the head unit in the 2015 model and before?? I've been eyeing up the new android auto units.

Howdy All,

Just curious if any others have seen this, when I used Edmunds.com for pricing on
the 2016 CX-5 GT AWD there was a fee that I don't think I've seen or heard anyone else
talk about.

It's a Regional Adjustment for my Zip Code here in Texas, but I'd put in numerous Zip Codes for
our Region and the fee stayed the same.

Destination Fee $880
Advertising Fee Unavailable*
Regional Adjustment for Zip Code:76028 $298

Plus the normal Tax, Title, and License Fees.

Take Care,

CK

You are forgetting taxes and fees...

Wait so you can replace the head unit in the 2015 model and before?? I've been eyeing up the new android auto units.

yes it's double din (same for 2016 too I believe). go check out the mazda6 forums, the dash is basically a mazda6.

Hey There - just got a 2016 AWD GT Meteor Grey for $28,350 + TTL in Minnesota. 2K off MSRP and ~1200 off invoice according to edmunds which doesn't include the ~400 regional fee in the MSRP.

Loving it so far.

Latest posts

Back