What did you pay for your CX-5?

I picked up a '16 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech (Blue Reflex Mica) this weekend. MSRP was $31,855, selling price was $29,997 ($1000 below invoice). Have to give a huge thanks to the forum. I used this (http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml) website technique that aaiwani posted to secure that price.

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. Pretty much the same car I will be searching for in the summer, hopefully maybe a couple thousand below invoice then. But enjoy it! Love the LED headlights and tailights.

Hi all, been lurking on the board for a few months, and finally a newly registered member here. I've really appreciated everyone's comments, opinions, and price updates.

Short version:
Selling price $26,106.24 for a 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD with Bose/Moonroof package, roof rails, wheel locks, cargo net, cargo cover, in Blue Reflex Mica, plus taxes + fees.

Long version:
Bought a 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD with Bose/Moonroof package in Blue Reflex Mica earlier this week. Got the deal after contacting 20 different dealers in the region via email. That's a lot of emails.

The numbers:
$27,555 MSRP on the sticker ($25,215 MSRP for the touring, plus $1,130 for the Bose/moonroof package, $275 for the roof rails, $55 for wheel locks, and $880 destination charge. Add $250 extra in MSRP accessories ($200 for cargo cover and $50 cargo net).
Total MSRP: $27,805

Add $80 document charge, $29 electronic registration fee, $7 California tire fee, $271 in license/registration fees, and 9% sales tax (on MSRP + doc charge) since I live in Los Angeles, which would have totaled $30,701.65 out the door if I had paid sticker.

Negotiated price: $26,106.24 + $80 doc fee + $2,356.76 sales tax + $29 electronic registration fee + $7 California tire fee + $271 in license/registration fees = $28,850 out the door.

Approximately $700 under invoice, $1700 under MSRP, and (once taxes are included) $1850 under MSRP OTD. Got it in the exact color I wanted with the exact specs and accessories I wanted, so I'm happy.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the super-helpful information!

2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package

We placed the order for a 2016 Sonic Silver GT AWD with Tech Package on 2/16/2015 as there was none meets our criteria in the dealership and around the neighborhood states. Besides we really don't like the idea of putting any more miles on a new car and a new car been driven on the highway with constant speed when they're getting cars from other dealers. The dealer finally found one still on the Pacific Ocean from Japan but they could get the VIN to process the paperwork and take the advantage of Presidents' Day $500 cash back from Mazda. We negotiated the final price to $30K before TTL which is $1,795 below MSRP based on 2016 window stickers on their lots. The estimated arrival date to west coast is 3/2 and the dealer can receive the car around 3/15. Since the port cargo workers were on partial strike and we were worried a bit that the car would arrive later than promised. It turned out our CX-5 arrived on 3/12 and we picked up on the same date.

On a side note, when the finance lady was trying to sell extended warranty and I replied that only if it is from manufacture directly or we'll not take it. She told us it is from Mazda and even swore by it. But I did have some doubts as the paper doesn't have any "Mazda" imprint on it, only says "Easy Care". Of course once we got home and did some research, and found out Mazda does offer "Mazda Extended Confidence" and apparently the one we got is not the same. The finance lady at least was willing to take $1,595 out from the contract for "Easy Care" 10-year/100K-mile extended warranty and we just had to go in and resigned the paper work on the following day. We were just wondering why the lady didn't even mention "Mazda Extended Confidence" or we'll have no issue to purchase this useless extended warranty anyway.

The Delivery Fee on our window sticker has gone up from $820 to $880 comparing to earlier 2016's. The MSRP on our 2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package is $31,855 ($29,470 GT AWD + $1,505 Tech Pkg. + $880 Delivery). The invoice should be $30,850 ($28,631 GT AWD + $1,339 Tech Pkg. + $880 Delivery) hence our purchasing price should be $850 below invoice.

We placed the order for a 2016 Sonic Silver GT AWD with Tech Package on 2/16/2015 as there was none meets our criteria in the dealership and around the neighborhood states. Besides we really don't like the idea of putting any more miles on a new car and a new car been driven on the highway with constant speed when they're getting cars from other dealers. The dealer finally found one still on the Pacific Ocean from Japan but they could get the VIN to process the paperwork and take the advantage of Presidents' Day $500 cash back from Mazda. We negotiated the final price to $30K before TTL which is $1,795 below MSRP based on 2016 window stickers on their lots. The estimated arrival date to west coast is 3/2 and the dealer can receive the car around 3/15. Since the port cargo workers were on partial strike and we were worried a bit that the car would arrive later than promised. It turned out our CX-5 arrived on 3/12 and we picked up on the same date.

On a side note, when the finance lady was trying to sell extended warranty and I replied that only if it is from manufacture directly or we'll not take it. She told us it is from Mazda and even swore by it. But I did have some doubts as the paper doesn't have any "Mazda" imprint on it, only says "Easy Care". Of course once we got home and did some research, and found out Mazda does offer "Mazda Extended Confidence" and apparently the one we got is not the same. The finance lady at least was willing to take $1,595 out from the contract for "Easy Care" 10-year/100K-mile extended warranty and we just had to go in and resigned the paper work on the following day. We were just wondering why the lady didn't even mention "Mazda Extended Confidence" or we'll have no issue to purchase this useless extended warranty anyway.

The Delivery Fee on our window sticker has gone up from $820 to $880 comparing to earlier 2016's. The MSRP on our 2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package is $31,855 ($29,470 GT AWD + $1,505 Tech Pkg. + $880 Delivery). The invoice should be $30,850 ($28,631 GT AWD + $1,339 Tech Pkg. + $880 Delivery) hence our purchasing price should be $850 below invoice.

Thanks for all of the information. Very helpful. Invoice sounds about right. Here's a quote I received for a '16 CX-5 GT with TP in Red (even though I'm not looking at red):

Straight a dealer in CA. Looks like prices are inching lower and lower...

"MSRP: $31,375
Dealer invoice: $30,266
E-Plan price: $29,055

So what I'm proposing is, if I can sell you this car for $300 OVER eplan ($29,355), and still give you all of the extras we provide, is that something that will work for you?"

Hello, I would like your thoughts. Found a new 2014 sport manual tranny for 18,500, tax and dmv not including. Dealer is 80 miles away next to train station. Yes they still have 2014 with 27 miles on odo.

Ouch! How much extra did you pay for Skyactive?

Bought the same cx-5, in soul red ($300 extra) for $32,900 2 weeks ago, for my wife. Happy with the purchase and the car - Audi engineering. Had a 2015 CRV on order, then started to read about "vibration" problem, cancelled and got even earnest money back. Honda has a real problem, such is life.

Picked up the base 2016 GT AWD tonight for $28,800 + TTL (MSRP $30,350) - how decent of a deal was this? Located in the Chicago burbs.

Last edited:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT Sonic Silver - MSRP 31,855.00 - Paid 30,997.00 + TTL However, they cranked up the trade-in higher than anyone else when I got up to leave.

Last edited:
2016 CX-5 Touring. AWD. Deep crystal blue for tax and title out the door 25,750. Philadelphia, pa

Any thoughts? Haven't accepted yet but am 25 and it's my first buy. Looking for advice

2016 CX-5 Touring. AWD. Deep crystal blue for tax and title out the door 25,750. Philadelphia, pa

Any thoughts? Haven't accepted yet but am 25 and it's my first buy. Looking for advice

What was mrsp? Most people seem to be getting around $1000 less than that.

that sounds like a really good deal. I just got a quote from a dealer for the exact same setup, 26550, and that's without taxes(10% here in Washington State) and doc fees. And I'm 26 and also a first buy, so nice to see there are people in my age with similar taste in cars lol

Thanks for this thread - we just bought a 2016 CX-5 yesterday. Spec was:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring, AWD and Tech package, deep crystal blue, parchment interior

MSRP was $31,855

I used S-plan; the S-plan price was $30,600, and they added an additional $500 rebate, bringing the price to $30,100 - (although the rebate was taxed, so it's net value was less than $500)
OTD here in San Jose, CA was $33,713

Apparently no financing incentives on 2016 CX-5s at this point, so be prepared to pay market rates (~4%) with good credit on any loan...

How are people getting below invoice pricing? I know the e-plan prici he is out there as well as S-plan. My wife actually works for a company that makes a majority of the seats for automobiles. We looked at an X3 and was given a price of 4% below invoice. When we looked at the CX-5 the guys was saying s-plan. I don't know if we should try to work with s plan or see if we can find a dealer willing to go below invoice?

Back