Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Blue Reflex

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Deep Crystal Blue

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
Ahhh... there are no Soul Red options out there(SoCal). Tried at least 4 dealerships.
Just order one then. You should be able to get it within a month or even faster since you're in SoCal!

Just order one then. You should be able to get it within a month or even faster since you're in SoCal!

Hmmm I'm new to the buying experience. One of the dealer informed me that he would be getting few red ones in "3 months".

So hard to get a red touring/GT with Tech. Aren't they advertising only that color(pissed) ? Strange they have too few of them.

Hmmm I'm new to the buying experience. One of the dealer informed me that he would be getting few red ones in "3 months".

So hard to get a red touring/GT with Tech. Aren't they advertising only that color(pissed) ? Strange they have too few of them.

The SF Bay Area Mazda dealers have plenty of 2016 Red CX-5's. That is about 400 miles from you, not so far. I would bet if you expand your search to within 100 miles of your home then red CX-5's will emerge.

This is out of topic but you can go through these recent threads and get more info from other people's buying experiences and prices:

Current selling price for CX-5?
Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?
Dealer experience - need some opinions

Soul Red is very popular on CX-5 therefore it's harder to find. If you really want certain specific colors and options which are not easy to find, just order one to suit your requirements. You can search Mazda North American Operations or local Mazda dealers' websites for the inventory and see if there is any CX-5 meets your criteria. You can also ask your dealer to search the inventory at "port of entry", which is in LA for Mazda CX-5, and find one you want and ship it directly to your dealer which will take less a week depending on how far away from LA. I know certain dealers only order new cars a few times a month for a batch, but our dealer was willing to do a single car order for us and found all the VIN information even though the car was on the boat at that time. Here is a recent post about my experience on ordering a specific CX-5 we really want.
You can go to Mazda North American Operations website to do a national search finding a car you like. Or check your surrounding dealers' inventory from their websites. A 2016 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech should be plenty. I believe if the dealer is not willing to order a car for you, they don't provide a good service. I personally would find another dealer. Even if you bought a CX-5 from another dealer, you still can go back to this dealer for warranty service if it is more convenience. We placed an order for our Sonic Silver 2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech in February and our dealer had no issue to do it. We wrote a $500 "refundable" check as a deposit. We did have a written agreement stating everything both sides agreed upon. They still gave us discount. With all the incentives at time the price was $30,000, $1,855 below the MSRP. The dealer even checked the CX-5's on the water and ordered it so that once the car reached to LA, Mazda North American Operations can print the window sticker and ship it to our dealer directly. It took 23 days to get our new CX-5. Our dealer actually could get one from another dealer of a neighborhood state. We declined as we didn't like the idea of driving it over or trucking it over.

From recent posts I've seen, the price is getting better. A friend of min bought a 2016 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech in early April for $27,500. He got the car out of the dealer lot, and he had $500 Dallas Auto Show Cash Back and $500 Mazda Owner Loyalty Bonus.

Soul Red is very popular on CX-5 therefore it's harder to find. If you really want certain specific colors and options which are not easy to find, just order one to suit your requirements. You can search Mazda North American Operations or local Mazda dealers' websites for the inventory and see if there is any CX-5 meets your criteria. You can also ask your dealer to search the inventory at "port of entry", which is in LA for Mazda CX-5, and find one you want and ship it directly to your dealer which will take less a week depending on how far away from LA. I know certain dealers only order new cars a few times a month for a batch, but our dealer was willing to do a single car order for us and found all the VIN information even though the car was on the boat at that time. Here is a recent post about my experience on ordering a specific CX-5 we really want.

wow, thanks for the detailed information yrwei52. appreciate that :)

Will let you guys know how it goes.

New 2015 CX-5 Touring

Wife and I decided on Crystal Blue and Sand Premium cloth. Vehicle has all the goodies, other than the sun roof.

CX5T Lover

Last edited:
I went with white and black interior. If the CX-5 didn't come in this combo, I wouldn't buy the car. It looks so good with the black windows and plastics on the white sparkly paint. After 1 year i still think its the best look.

Back