What car did you trade in for your CX-5?

2007 Altima 3.5 SE w/ all options. 105000 miles and was running very well. Wife wanted a small car and we were in the process of buying a Mazda 3 i Grand Touring hatch.... she walked past a newly arrived MX5 and that was it. 2 hours later we had it home. Except for leather and Sat radio, it has all the same stuff. I really like it so far (one day old). I love the new larger nav screen. The one in the 3 is really lousy.

I will miss that Altima... it was a great looking car and really could move and handle.

Ours is a pearl white Touring with moonroof/bose and tech package. I only wish it had the advanced keyless entry like the grand touring. We were spoiled with the same key style in the Altima and didn't realize it was not the same till later. No big woop.

Interesting... As the children are getting older and starting to leave the house (the oldest one moves out at the end of the summer), we are considering to retire the aging minivan and replace it with something smaller and more economical. The two primary contestants are Mazda CX-5 (manual) and MINI Cooper (or maybe even Clubman?). Do you miss the MINI? How painful was the transition?

I have a hardtop myself and the CX-5 is for the wife. We work at the same company so we usually commute together and take the CX-5.; we are around 5,500 k miles already. Its great to be able to take 4-5 people to lunch instead of cram 3-4 in the MINI.

As far as missing the MINI, I miss the stick (shifting can be fun sometimes :) ; my current is a MINI Cooper S hardtop, 6sp auto w/ paddles). I still get my 1.6 turbo when I want to, but for lazy commuting the Mazda is just fine. The CX-5 is quieter than the '02 was with the intake and Borla exhaust.

sold our 2003 Civic 5 spd sedan privately.. had only 70K on it. really liked it but it was time to upgrade to newer safety features and more comfortable car. I didnt want to deal with paying for the timing belt/water pump, new front rotors/pads, nor new tire costs either that were coming up soon. Sold it for a fantastic price in just 2 days!

mazda 3

Howdy! i'm a new proud owner of a sky blue touring cx -5
traded in a 2010 mazda 3 that was about 8 months old lol

;)

2003 Mazda 6 Sport. Repairs were getting to be bi-annual shock to the budget.

Other reasons

Gas Mileage
New Safety Features - Rear Camera, Xenon headlights etc.
Got tired of looking at the same car in the driveway

07 Mazda 6s 5dr 5spd 128k miles

I needed a more cargo space, better cargo weight capacity and wanted better mileage. I wish the cx5 manual was available with more options as I would've definitely paid more for the 40/20/40 rear seat and a more adjustable driver seat.

Cx5 has a bit more space but not much more over the 6 Hatch.

07 Mazda 6s 5dr 5spd 128k miles

I needed a more cargo space, better cargo weight capacity and wanted better mileage. I wish the cx5 manual was available with more options as I would've definitely paid more for the 40/20/40 rear seat and a more adjustable driver seat.

Cx5 has a bit more space but not much more over the 6 Hatch.

Welcome to mazdas247.com rjdee. I assume you were happy with reliability of the 07 mazda 6s, so you bought another Mazda?....

Welcome to mazdas247.com rjdee. I assume you were happy with reliability of the 07 mazda 6s, so you bought another Mazda?....

I've had mixed reliabilities with Mazda but they've always had the best mix of handling and features that I've wanted.
My first was an 03 MPV. Great family van, had the roll down door windows and the folding rear seat before anyone else. Drove and handled well. But I didn't have faith long term in the transmission and the paint on the front rockers chipped off way too fast. Traded it in 07 with 130k miles for a...

07 Mazda6S 5dr 5spd. bought it new really wanted a wagon but the second car was a V70 AWD so really couldn't justify 2 wagons in the house but the hatch has almost as much room. there were only 2 manual v6 hatchs in all of New England so negoiating really didn't happen. I had a clear bra on this so the paint held up better but the car had an occasional hesitation and stutter that I couldn't diagnose. Also it like to eat rear brakes and calipers. 127k miles on that one and didn't feel like it would hit 200+k like the Volvo. Traded that for the CX5 for the above reasons but wanted a manual. Hopefully I can get this one to 180-200k miles.

I traded in my 2008 Mazda 3 GT for the CX 5 because my girlfriend could not drive a car with manual transmission and I am not a good teacher. More over my 3 was a sedan and upgrading to a CX 5 made more sense for us. But I loved my Mazda 3. Hope to add speed 3 as a second car when the finances allow.

I traded in a 2010 mazda 3 s sport hatchback with 18,000 miles on it. Wanted something roomier, bigger cargo area, more ground clearence. Did not want to give up fuel economy or responsive driving dynamics.

2007 Mazda 3 GX - Blue mica with spoiler and power package

Not so much traded in as it was sold privately. By far the best car we've ever owned. I'm pretty sure my wife cried a little the day we sold it lol.

Traded in my 1996 Saab 9000 CSE. I couldn't believe all the bells and whistles that thing had for a mid 90s car, it was amazing and drove strong/reliable. Come to think of it, I should have driven it another year or so....oh well, I love my CX-5!

I traded in a 2011 Audi S4 because I got rear-ended by a F150 and it was never right right again, but even without that 1 year was about my limit with that car. It was a money sink, it was uncomfortable (I drive 35k miles a year), $60 in gas every other day. I love the CX-5.

Back