What 19" replacement tire is cushier than Toyo A36 [Unanswered]

I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 2. Just to hit 3k miles on them and they have been super comfortable and quiet. The noise is the most noticeable difference, they handle great and have been able to handle rain, gravel and sand with ease.

Reactions: AVC
I am a fan of michelin but they are costly. Others have mentioned continentals but not sure about comfort vs toyos. It's a fact that the comfort of the toyos is not that bad actually when new and they are cheap. 145 for 19". Soft tire, that's why it wears faster.

I have run the Michelin Premier LTX as a Toyo replacement. Love them!! One reason these Michelins may wear a little quicker (as some suggest) is that the tread is not quite as thick compared to most other tires.

As our search engine blows off anything less than 4 characters -- it drops A36 from search strings -- thought I'd make a new thread with this specific question.

So, my OEM 19" Toyo A36 are about 3/32--I bought when they were 6/32. I can't find any ratings/reviews on the A36 as compared to aftermarket tire choices, regarding COMFORT, so as to make a meaningful choice on that parameter. The ride on my'17 GS is a tad firmer than I like with (now worn) A36--lots of choppy pavement around here. I've mulled going to 17" rims and the larger aspect tires to improve the ride comfort, but if there is a 19" tire with at least 600 UTQG and higher in comfort than the A36, I'd do that.

And, the Toyo A23 appears to be a significantly different tire than the A36, so comparisons to the A23 aren't meaningful to me.

Thoughts from those (got to be hundreds of people) who've already replaced their A36?
...the Toyo A36 tires that came on my 2019 CX5 GTR were garbage...i had to out of pocket a new set of Continental Cross Contacts because the A36 were defective ....vibration at highway sped ....so .at 6000 miles i had to shell out $1k on new tires ....the dealer and an outside tire shop both force balanced the tires and said the A36 were not round!....aka defective.....Mazda passed the buck onto Toyo telling me they dont warranty the actual rubber tires on their new vehicles....even though Mazda corp did pick these junk tires to be on their new vehicles ....i guess the cheapest bidder....Toyo said the Balance numbers on the tires were within spec even with the manager of a national tire chain telling them they are not round and more than double out of spec and should never be on a vehicle ....so nowhere with Mazda customer service and nowhere with Toyo....the Continental cross contacts are such a superior quiet rolling tires ..

Reactions: AVC
As our search engine blows off anything less than 4 characters -- it drops A36 from search strings -- thought I'd make a new thread with this specific question.

So, my OEM 19" Toyo A36 are about 3/32--I bought when they were 6/32. I can't find any ratings/reviews on the A36 as compared to aftermarket tire choices, regarding COMFORT, so as to make a meaningful choice on that parameter. The ride on my'17 GS is a tad firmer than I like with (now worn) A36--lots of choppy pavement around here. I've mulled going to 17" rims and the larger aspect tires to improve the ride comfort, but if there is a 19" tire with at least 600 UTQG and higher in comfort than the A36, I'd do that.

And, the Toyo A23 appears to be a significantly different tire than the A36, so comparisons to the A23 aren't meaningful to me.

Thoughts from those (got to be hundreds of people) who've already replaced their A36?
Best tire is Continental cross contact....Toyo A36= garbage,,,,Toyo A23 ..manufacturer recall...again, garbage

Back