2017~2024 Weird Start/Stop Behavior

I got my 2021 Sport new in April of this year. I have thouroughly enjoyed it so far and have had no issues until yesterday. I've put on about 6700 miles since new and the last couple of days have had an issue happen twice when trying to exit my car. I put the car in park and then hit the start/stop button. At this time, typically I will get "ignition off" on the dash and the radio will turn off. Twice now I have put in park, hit the start/stop button and the radio and ignition didnt turn off. I had to restart the car and stop it again to get it to behave as normal. I'm due for an oil change anyway, so I will mention it to the deale but wondered if anyone has had the same isssue. Infotainment system is on version 11024 and shows no updates available when checking. Not sure if this is more of an ingnition glitch or something with the infotainment/mazda connect system. Any input is appreciated! Cheers

Is it possible you hade your foot on the brake. It might have cycled through to the accessory position.
Thanks for the reply. That’s definitely possible. This is my first car with push start so it takes some getting used to. Mainly remembering to grab my keys! Haha

Put the car in park, turn on the EPB, take your foot off the brake then press the Start/Stop.

I had that happen the first few times with my CE. I’ve had many push button vehicles in the past but this one seems more sensitive to even very light foot pressure.

Also if you happen to be holding the button on the shift lever when you press the stop button the entertainment system will remain on. This can be a useful feature.

Is it possible you hade your foot on the brake. It might have cycled through to the accessory position.
But I always have my foot on the brake and hit the Start/Stop button to turn off the engine, and I never have any problems to shut the engine off. The car will only be in accessary mode with radio on if I shift the gear into Neutral, or I hold the gear shifter button in Park and hit the Start/Stop button. Even that, the engine will be off.

I got my 2021 Sport new in April of this year. I have thouroughly enjoyed it so far and have had no issues until yesterday. I've put on about 6700 miles since new and the last couple of days have had an issue happen twice when trying to exit my car. I put the car in park and then hit the start/stop button. At this time, typically I will get "ignition off" on the dash and the radio will turn off. Twice now I have put in park, hit the start/stop button and the radio and ignition didnt turn off. I had to restart the car and stop it again to get it to behave as normal. I'm due for an oil change anyway, so I will mention it to the deale but wondered if anyone has had the same isssue. Infotainment system is on version 11024 and shows no updates available when checking. Not sure if this is more of an ingnition glitch or something with the infotainment/mazda connect system. Any input is appreciated! Cheers
Your problem has nothing to do with infotainment system. Mention this to your Mazda dealer when you visit them next time so you’d have this in the record, although most likely they’ll find nothing.

But I always have my foot on the brake and hit the Start/Stop button to turn off the engine, and I never have any problems to shut the engine off. The car will only be in accessary mode with radio on if I shift the gear into Neutral, or I hold the gear shifter button in Park and hit the Start/Stop button. Even that, the engine will be off.
Then your car is wired up differently to a U.K. model because one press in park will put the car in accessory mode.

Back