Weird power in 5th...

Pimpecoven

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
While driving to work the other day, I noticed in 5th gear doing about 55+ it seemed my car backed off the gas completely, and I hadn't moved my foot, I pushed down harder and nothing, so I let off the gas all the way and got back on it and with a little blunt I was back cruising again, it's happened before, and triggered my CEL, which I know I have a cylinder misfire problem (have had it diagnosed 3 times...) although this seems it would be more transmission related? Any ideas help! Thanks:)

Did it ever occur to you that it's from your car misfiring? Not to mention now that you've let it go without even trying to fix it your precat is most likely toast now

Did it ever occur to you that it's from your car misfiring? Not to mention now that you've let it go without even trying to fix it your precat is most likely toast now

It's been diagnosed only twice because it's only happened twice... I replaced the plugs the first time because they couldn't get it to misfire when they tried.. Then when it happened again I replaced the wiring and it just did it once more(with no CEL) so it was kind of asking what to do next? No need to be rude..

I had a similar issue not too long ago. Replaced plugs and coil packs, no more issues.

yeah your issue sounds like the classic signs of a slow coil pack death that can happen on these cars. lucky the coils are $40 each at autozone so not too bad.

Back