2017~2024 Weird flap on rear wheel arches?

Like the picture wrxray posted. That flare behind the wheel. Trying to post a picture with it circled but I cant figure out how to post it (sorry Im still learning how to use to the forum)

Like the picture wrxray posted. That flare behind the wheel. Trying to post a picture with it circled but I can’t figure out how to post it (sorry I’m still learning how to use to the forum)

Just upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and then paste the arrow text shown below to your post:

2ikmjk.jpg

Last edited:
Like the picture wrxray posted. That flare behind the wheel. Trying to post a picture with it circled but I cant figure out how to post it (sorry Im still learning how to use to the forum)

You don't need an external site to upload pics here. Go to:

Settings > General settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload [don't worry about "into folder", unless you want to use them]
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink [under your uploaded files]
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Now go back to your post
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

Thanks to whoever posted this first! It's easy after you've done it once.

having said that, i hate the new site format that just kicked in the past few minutes.
It's the mobile site. Choose "full site" at the bottom of the page.

That link above redirected to the mobile site.

Looks like this died now but just in case anyone needed more clarification of what I was talking about...

2ic8v0x.jpg

After googling cx-5 pics, it looks more and more like a manufacturing defect to me.

After googling cx-5 pics, it looks more and more like a manufacturing defect to me.

Seriously? (huh) You should check one out live and in person, then.
'Tis an interesting question, however.

My window looks out on the CX5 line of inventory and I've wondered about that before. I'd wager that there was an airflow issue coming off the wheel wells that was causing added drag and that little protuberance breaks it up

My window looks out on the CX5 line of inventory and I've wondered about that before. I'd wager that there was an airflow issue coming off the wheel wells that was causing added drag and that little protuberance breaks it up

Exactly what it is.

Back