Websites For Detailing Product / How-To Information

What would be long enough?
Love the icon btw. (I use to surf until I got married, had kids, mortgage and a detail business.)
On average, look for 4-6 weeks with Nubas. Longevity is really up to the individuals criteria. That criteria could be slickness, water beading, and/or general look and appearance.
I really prefer using the synthetics as they just last about twice as long (the good ones). Its also my belief that they match every bit of depth and reflection a Nuba can bring to the table. Of course this is really my opinion.

Love the icon btw. (I use to surf until I got married, had kids, mortgage and a detail business.)
On average, look for 4-6 weeks with Nubas. Longevity is really up to the individuals criteria. That criteria could be slickness, water beading, and/or general look and appearance.
I really prefer using the synthetics as they just last about twice as long (the good ones). Its also my belief that they match every bit of depth and reflection a Nuba can bring to the table. Of course this is really my opinion.

Thanks :D I don't get much surfing in living in TX but I make a few trips.

I ask what would be long enough because everyone has different standards of what they want in an LSP. I have done tests on clients cars and done side by side on my own cars. I have gotten a few months out of some of my carnaubas. Did a side by side with vintage and opti-seal with only washes is in between. They seem to hold up about the same amount of time and vintage holds it's beauty much longer. Honestly it depends on the person, because for the enthusiast they tend to wax/seal more often than needed anyway (and even layer more than needed) so durability is never even a factor. My regular clients have me wax/seal about once every couple months so it never comes into play. Just depends for me. Some jobs just get a syn and others get high end carnaubas and then some get both.

The website that I like to use is in my sig. Prices seems to be pretty reasonable. Check it out an let me know what you think.

^ No this is not my company. Just a website that I like to get my wax stuff from and would like to share it with other people. I guy that owns it is named Greg. I am still learning all the detailing techniques and Greg is on another web forum that I am a member of. Trailvoy.com. I have sold my MP5 and now have an 06 Trailblazer SS.

MP05

you guys should check out rightlook.com its were i got all my training to be a state certified auto detailer and there products are amazing all pro. grade

Thanks for the links guys. I've been anal lately about the look of my car. Little water spots, fine scratches and the like bugs me to no end. I would love to make my car look shiny and detailed all the time but that would be impossible since it's my daily drive, my only car and the IL weather doesn't help the cause.

Anyways, I'd like to have some tips and suggestions on how to learn about detailing my car in a professional way. I'd like to do it myself so I can save money from paying somebody else and give my car a personal touch. Is there a vocational course for this or maybe a book or learning tool? Now that I mentioned it, I'm thinking of maybe starting a business of my own to detail cars once I learned how. And if I can make it happen, I would of course, give discounts and special treatment for Mazda cars

Thanks for the links guys. I've been anal lately about the look of my car. Little water spots, fine scratches and the like bugs me to no end. I would love to make my car look shiny and detailed all the time but that would be impossible since it's my daily drive, my only car and the IL weather doesn't help the cause.

Anyways, I'd like to have some tips and suggestions on how to learn about detailing my car in a professional way. I'd like to do it myself so I can save money from paying somebody else and give my car a personal touch. Is there a vocational course for this or maybe a book or learning tool? Now that I mentioned it, I'm thinking of maybe starting a business of my own to detail cars once I learned how. And if I can make it happen, I would of course, give discounts and special treatment for Mazda cars

Some compines (like meguiar's) have workshops and courses you can take. Check out some of the how-to threads here.

also check out sites like autopia.org (for tips, product reviews etc) and detailingbliss.com

prepare to be sucked into a money sucking hobby that is auto detail =)

Back