Websites For Detailing Product / How-To Information

I heard a lot of great things about poorboys products, so I'm wondering what I would need to keep the new wheels I ordered in great shape. I found this sealant for wheels...has anyone ever used this stuff before??
http://www.poorboysworld.com/wheel-sealant.htm
I have some time before I get the tires mounted, so I want to coat the wheels with something good.

wheel sealant/wheel wax really only makes wheel cleaning easier more than it is for protection...

right on, thats what i thought. How often do you apply the wheel sealant?

Is there anything that protects the wheel or am I just being paranoid about my new wheels.:rolleyes:

besides regularly cleaning them, and waxing them maybe once a month you should be good.

i take my wheels off and fully clay and wax them about 3X a year, other than that i religously wash my car once a week.

i would recommend getting a gel wheel cleaner (like p21s) and a assortment of brushes to keep your wheels clean.

besides regularly cleaning them, and waxing them maybe once a month you should be good.

i take my wheels off and fully clay and wax them about 3X a year, other than that i religously wash my car once a week.

i would recommend getting a gel wheel cleaner (like p21s) and a assortment of brushes to keep your wheels clean.

Sounds good to me. Thanks man:)

wheel sealant/wheel wax really only makes wheel cleaning easier more than it is for protection...

I'll have to disagree. The reason they are so much easier to clean is because of a layer of sealant/wax protecting the wheels from brake dust adhearing and etching into the clearcoat.

The poorboy's is a nice product. You'll like it. When dust and grime isn't sliding right off from washing, its time to put on more. If you protect them from day one and and make sure to maintain them, you won't ever need much effort or cleaning products to clean them.

Last edited:
maybe because i regularly clean my car and wheels, that i notice little protection with my wheel wax. sure alot of the grime comes off, but i still enjoy breaking out the brushes and Megs APC cut 10:1 to clean my tires and wheels...

added it for you. I think they sell more product based on their marketing than actual quality. However I've seen its results first hand and its not bad stuff.

so what product work great on keeping our dash clean looking and lasting? not looking for a shine as i like the dull look of the mazda6 09

i intend to have this car for a very very very long time just as i still have my first car, 94 MX3 and the dash still looks new, but for that i use armoral as it needs the shine and that is what i started with way back.

so what product work great on keeping our dash clean looking and lasting? not looking for a shine as i like the dull look of the mazda6 09

i intend to have this car for a very very very long time just as i still have my first car, 94 MX3 and the dash still looks new, but for that i use armoral as it needs the shine and that is what i started with way back.

303 Aeorspace Protectant or Optimum Polymer Technologies' (OPT) Protectant Plus

Does 303 sell separate products for cleaning and treating vinyl. I saw one one site that there is a 303 product that does both fabric and vinyl.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back