Water collecting in control arm bolt hole (2015 CX-5)

NTX_Mazda

2015 CX-5 Touring
Over the weekend I did some suspension work on the daughters 2015 cx5. When I backed out the vertical bolt (circled in pic) that holds the right control arm in place, nasty water poured out. Is this common or should I go looking for a clogged drain hole some place?

I know the car was parked under a tree, a lot, all of the skid plates were loaded in acorns, I even found them under the engine cover.

Attachments

• front control arm.JPG
    front control arm.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 38
No, it definitely isn’t normal. When Brakes Plus changed the damaged right LCA not long ago, I didn’t see any water coming out from any vertical bolts. You can open the wheel well liners and you should see lots of leaves and acorns which clogged the drain behind it.

No, it definitely isn’t normal. When Brakes Plus changed the damaged right LCA not long ago, I didn’t see any water coming out from any vertical bolts. You can open the wheel well liners and you should see lots of leaves and acorns which clogged the drain behind it.
I did as you suggested and there a boat load of leaves acorns and sand behind the wheel well liner. Appreciate the info, hopefully that clears it up.

Hopefully you replaced both control arms. On a 2015 the bushings are likely cracked and loose
I had already done the driver side by the time I got doused in nasty water. Worse part was when the impact broke the bolt free it spun water out in a circle:sick::D

Back