Wastegate

iseah

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I would like to replace my wastegate actuator. I have come across only 2 for the MSP. I am thinking about purchasing the ATP wastegate actuator rated at 6psi (code: ATP-WGT-011B). Does this bolt directly onto the car or do I have to purchase a bracket as well? Right now my cars engine mods include: upgraded FMIC, HKS BOV, Perrin intake, NGK platinum plus spark plugs, Nology spark plug wiring, Boost gauge, catless midpipe back exhaust with greddy muffler. What do you guys feel about this wastegate actuator? And I hear its rated at 6psi but actually runs at 8-9psi is this correct?

direct bolt on, but you wont be able to put the heatshield or whatever that thing is back on. i kind of had to stretch the rod to get it on the flapper so im sure there is a little less travel than oem but the thing opens when its supposed to, and holds steady at 7 psi.

I have one and it works fine for me, and I usually see a boosting range of 6-8 psi. With your supporting mods you will have nothing to worry about.

direct bolt on, but you wont be able to put the heatshield or whatever that thing is back on. i kind of had to stretch the rod to get it on the flapper so im sure there is a little less travel than oem but the thing opens when its supposed to, and holds steady at 7 psi.

not sure why you wouldnt be able to put the heat shield back on, I was able to and I am using the ATP WGA. it does serve a purpose i believe to keep manifold heat away from the diaphram within them. also the rating that ATP posts for this piece of 6 psi isnt right for the MSP, just as everyone else has said so far, it should be rated at 8psi, nice upgrade from stock!

I replied to the OP via PM. As stated above, most MSP owners use this because its cheap and it works better than stock. I don't know about the heat sheild because I have the heat sheild off anyways. Good luck

I think there was an issue with not being able to thread the screws or something. In dont remember why i didnt put
It back in but there was a reason

Thanks guys I really appreciate your replies they have helped me out alot.

@orgn1: where you from? Do you do canyon runs around riverside?

I live near Long Beach. I used to attend more meets but haven't recently. I do know quite a bit about the comon msp weak links though.

Back